DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW

Just got done checking out Jeff's tank all i can say is WOW!!! give your self a pat on the back! Good Work

Jeff..... When Thor is at your place. If it is not too much trouble do you mind mounting the LED around 12-16'' from the surface and take a PAR reading in the tank at just below the surface than 6'' down, 12'' down ,18'' down and last 24'' down. I am curious to see what the PAR is like with the 1w LED you have.

Keep in mind that you don't 'need' to put the LED at the same height as you would normally set MHs. Literally no heat and, at least with my setup, the spread of light is quite wide. I understand if you are trying to make a direct comparison but might not be reality. I would suggest adjusting the LEDs at different heights and see what the readings are for comparison. I understand Jeff's light set up is easily adjustable, right?

yes it is for the most part :) not as easy as I would have liked ( eletric lift with remote control :D)

And not to mention I need to build a beefier rack this next weekend when I get back from my business trip.

yes it is for the most part :) not as easy as I would have liked ( eletric lift with remote control :D)

And not to mention I need to build a beefier rack this next weekend when I get back from my business trip.

Yeah, I saw that... :eek: So, how does the rack move up and down? Looks like independent pulleys at four points but I didn't study the pics too closely.

I am not completely happy with my racks that span the tank and rest on the front and back rim but it is so much better than a canopy. Ideally, I would like to come up with a couple of very slim cantilever supports for each of the two LED units that would still allow sliding of the lights.

Jeff! man that tank was nice! Cant wait to set one up just like it! thanx for all the good advise and for having me over to see that beauty! Talk to you soon bud!
joel

Well it's been awhile since I updated my thread. The tank is doing great! I have gone thru my cycle and am fighting a bit od the green algae on my base rocks and some on my substrate. On Monday the 10th, I went and picked up a pair of Black clowns from RocketScientist (Thank You!!!!) and he also gave me something and the name escapes me, so maybe you can all help me out!!!! I also Picked up a 3 head Hammerhead from Grahamsn :) and 2 Star Polyp rocks from Duckman!!!!

Yesterday, I was at the PSAS meeting and got some Xenia Frags ( They are in my sump now, awaiting to attach to rock so I can put in DT). I also stopped by BR and picked up 2 Lawnmower Blennies (Wifes Favorite! ;) along with about 20 snails to help with the algae!

Black Clowns Added May 10th
DSC_2145%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2151%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Unknown LPS Added May 10th
DSC_2147%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Hammerhead Added May 10th
DSC_2148%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Star Polyp Rock added May 10th
DSC_2150%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Lamower Blennie #1 Added May 15th
DSC_2149%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Lawnmower Blennie #2 Added May 15th
DSC_2144%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Everything is looking good Jeff. How are the Blennies liking their new home?

Hey Jeff, nice to see your tank and also at the PSAS meet. Love your true black clowns... got me thinking.

Was great meeting you and the wife as well Mark! I need to get over to your neck of the woods real soon to check out your system as well!

I love the black clowns, just wish they wouldnt stay behind the rock work......LOL

Hey Jeff, lookin good and its definately starting to come together now. You'll have to make it down soon as I have a few pieces for you to add as well.

Todd

Just thought I would share a few more Pictures that were taken today :Smile

I have cut my LED's down to 20% power and that along with the additional snails I picked up saturday and the lawnmower blennies seem to be getting the green algae more under control :Cheese

Full Tank Shot
DSC_2154%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Xenia frag added to Display Tank on 5/17/10
DSC_2153%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Lawnmower Blennie in Barnacle Cluster
DSC_2152%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I have a few corals that I wish that I never put into my 75 gal. Xenia being one of them and GSP. I hate both of them.

Back