DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jeff,

PT triggers and blue throat triggers are the most reef safe triggers you will find..Ive had both and mine were well behaved, didnt bother shrimps or inverts..however keep in mind that if you add the triggers now they may be aggressive to any other fish you add next..so timing is everything...get a list of all the fish you want and then add in an appropriate manner.

Jeff,

PT triggers and blue throat triggers are the most reef safe triggers you will find..Ive had both and mine were well behaved, didnt bother shrimps or inverts..however keep in mind that if you add the triggers now they may be aggressive to any other fish you add next..so timing is everything...get a list of all the fish you want and then add in an appropriate manner.

yeah thats what I am going to do is try and put a list together again.....lol

180 build

Jeff,

great to meet you today and see your build.
Tank is freakin Awesome...............
can't wait to see the tank mature in a year.
I will be over again to get some tips. Love the LED lighting.

Roger
Johny99

Wow!!!!! Holy Thread Neglect!!!!!!! Well I suppose i should up date this thread after such a long time!!!!! :sorry:

Where to begin hrmmmmm! In February of Last year, things came to a boiling point! I had alot of stress with my job, traveling 3 1/2 weeks out of the month and a tank disaster!!!!

I had rescued this Blue Hippo Tang from a fellow reefer from up North. He looked awesome and was nice and Fat. Well to make a long story short, he infected the tank with Ick and brought in some Bacterial infection! Man it was devastating!!!! I was on the road and everyday I talked to my wife, she was telling me over the phone which fish had died that day! I got home and was so distraught, made some calls to fellow North Sound Reefers and they were here the next day to tear apart the tank to get the 4 fish out of 14 that I had (Hippos was still alive at this point.) We discussed all of the options and decided to let the remaining fish stay in the tank and let things run its course as most of the carnage had occurred. The next day, the Hippo Died! ALL I had left was a Red Sea Sailfin, Ornate Wrasse and a Orange Spot Goby. They all survived and I was still faced with all the loss. I decided I was going to sell my whole system and until I did, I was just going to maintain it and not add anything!

Fast Forward to 10/24/11

My Wife convinced me to buy a pair of Caramel Clown Fish after making a visit to Red C - The 8 months of letting the tank sit and everything doing well, I found a New infusion of excitement!

I have since added the following livestock:

2 - Talbot Damsels
1 - Fork Tail Blenny
1- Kole Eye Tang
1- Naso Tang
1- Potters Angel

The tank is doing great! I just added an Apex Controller, Ozotech Ozone Generator and FINALLY ordered some cabinet doors which just so happened to arrive today!!! :dance:

I have quit a few plans in the works for additions to the tank such as a new sump, Kalkwasser Reactor and I am going to be doing a DIY LED Build to replace my existing LED's which continue to be great! :D

Before anyone says something!!! I will post up some pictures by the end of the weekend!

I Want ALL of the fellow reefers and ALL of the North Sound Reefers! You are a great family to have and I wouldnt be here today without all of your support.

To my best friend Todd (TJL) I want to say thanks Buddy!!!!!!! Eric and Becca, Peppie, Kirk (NC2WA), Mojo and countless others, You guys are just AWESOME!

Glad to see you post here again buddy. This thread needed to be brought back to life. Congrats on your new found enthusiasm and additions to your tank. When we saw it the other day we were very impressed. As we drove home several times Becca and I mentioned that you need to talk better of your system. It is WAY nicer than you have recently been giving it credit for. Great job on the recovery and here's to many years of fun to come.:cheer2::peace:

I was choking and coughing from all the dust and cobwebs coming from my computer screen when I opened this tread page!! I can just imagine you had to wear a respirator. LOL
I am glad that you did. It is good to hear that you have had a positive mind change about your with your saltwater system.
Looking forward to your pic. From what I understand it is a very nice tank.

See ya on Sat.

Hey Jeff...Its the end of the week...wheres the pictures :)

Oh, you said weekend. sorry...I'll wait I guess.

Alrighty! Here are pictures as promised :D

Full Tank Shot
IMG_0063.jpg

Left Side
IMG_0064.jpg

Center
IMG_0065.jpg

Right Side
IMG_0066.jpg

Back