DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I know that people are doing this but has anybody looked into the current requirement for the meanwells, as far as the dimming input for the drivers? Just wondering how much strain is being put on the dimming circuit or what the effects are by chopping the current down by thirds or even sixth's. If there is anyone out there that knows the meanwells requirements would love to hear it. This is for my own knowledge Jeff, it looks as if you an awesome plan laid out for your build. You are going to be amazed at the difference of the three watters compared to those one watters.

Just got back from Todd's and we have the enclosure all built. He took a couple of pictures of it, so I am sure he will be posting them up later.

A BIG THANK YOU to Todd for spending his saturday to help me get this enclosure built, There is no way I could have built it myself.

More progress today :)

I have tested all the circuits on each heat sink and have all the drivers tuned to 1400ma. Tomorrow I will wire up the resistors, inline fuses and the wiring harness.

Whites
IMG_0073.jpg

Driver for the Whites
IMG_0074.jpg

Blues
IMG_0075.jpg

Driver for the Blues
IMG_0077.jpg

You are rocking this build!! WOW, I can't wait to see the enclosure you two have built. Keep up with the great work and all of the pics. You are an inspiration..:)

Am I right in guessing that your running 24 emitters per driver and your are running two channels at 700 milli amps each? Or 1.4 Amps per driver total.

Looking real good BTW.

Am I right in guessing that your running 24 emitters per driver and your are running two channels at 700 milli amps each? Or 1.4 Amps per driver total.

Looking real good BTW.

Yes, I am running 24 per driver ran in parallel. Thus tunning the driver to 1400ma so that each string of 12 will run at 700ma

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OK here is the hanging canopy we built at my place on Saturday for Jeff's new LED's after being cut, routed, glued and clamped.

DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0461.jpg

Cheers, Todd

This is so awesome, you are so close....I am so excited to see your tank bathed in 3watt led light.....becca

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Looking like class act lighting system you got going there. What is the estimated turn on date??

Oh BTW, Dont you think you should hang those doors before you plug in the leds??? LOL

Looking like class act lighting system you got going there. What is the estimated turn on date??

Oh BTW, Dont you think you should hang those doors before you plug in the leds??? LOL

LED's are taking the front and center stage......LOL

I am probably looking at the week after next. I still have to stain and seal the enclosure, then mount all the lights, hardware and run the wiring......Wanna help???? LOL

I would love to help, but I have way to many projects on my bench right now that I cant even find time to work on my own stuff!!!

Looking awesome as usual. Cannot wait to see the lighting when it is done.

Cheers,
Alex

I saw your hanging fixture last night. Im going to really like the look and know that you will too.

Back