Dons 125

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not loud at all. Cant here the 3k at all and the 2100 just barely. The flow seems pretty good, each outlet feels about like my mag24 at 5ft. Hopefully next weekend if I can get the sump done. I'm thinking about eductors on the top 4.

Don

Tonight should be the night. I wanted to get it done over the week-end but I had to work and was not happy with my return. I did just an up an over but could not bring myself to leaving white pvc hanging over the top. Instead I installed a bulkhead in the top with lock line, much cleaner. I have an extra 100+ gallons of SW that has been circulating on my 80 for awhile. Hopefully if I planned it right it should be PNP.

Don

The swap went pretty much as planned. I need to get the lights set-up and misc. set up. The one glitch is the drain going to the sump. Every 10 seconds or so it blows out a huge air bubble splashing water and pushes micro bubbles over the baffles. I don't have a clue what is causing that! Overall I'm pretty happy. I am missing a few mushrooms and a sps frag but I'm sure they will turn up. Its a good thing fish cannot talk. The sailfin acts like the flow is a ride at the fair. The lawn mower is just plain pissed. Poor guy, we still haven't figured out how he got in the new tank, either hitch hiked on a rock or came through the syphon hose. The clams are hopping around the bottom trying to figure out where they want to live and of course the camera batteries are dead so no pics until this evening.

Don

Thats a good looking Tank! Now I see why you do not have a Heat Issue. Your lights are pretty open to air.

DonW said:
The swap went pretty much as planned. I need to get the lights set-up and misc. set up. The one glitch is the drain going to the sump. Every 10 seconds or so it blows out a huge air bubble splashing water and pushes micro bubbles over the baffles. I don't have a clue what is causing that! Overall I'm pretty happy. I am missing a few mushrooms and a sps frag but I'm sure they will turn up. Its a good thing fish cannot talk. The sailfin acts like the flow is a ride at the fair. The lawn mower is just plain pissed. Poor guy, we still haven't figured out how he got in the new tank, either hitch hiked on a rock or came through the syphon hose. The clams are hopping around the bottom trying to figure out where they want to live and of course the camera batteries are dead so no pics until this evening.

Don
Don,
Did you make a anti-syphon valve in your tank? My Tank starting blowing bubbles and I just turned the anti syphon down at the valve and my bubbles went away. I hope this helps...Ed

Ed Hahn said:
Thats a good looking Tank! Now I see why you do not have a Heat Issue. Your lights are pretty open to air.

Thats just a throw together temp. Im still working on the hood. Its going to hinge on the wall so the tank had to go in first. Still dont have the third MH.
Ive still got plenty to get done.

Don

Ed Hahn said:
Don,
Did you make a anti-syphon valve in your tank? My Tank starting blowing bubbles and I just turned the anti syphon down at the valve and my bubbles went away. I hope this helps...Ed

Ed I assume your taking about a ball valve on the drain. I learned the hard way not to do that. When the valve is partially closed a small critter will not make it through and then you have a flood.
I did fix the problem I had the drain 2 into one. Simply needed to add a second down pipe.

Don

Don,
I am talking about the anti-syphon device that was made to prevent a flood on my tank. The device sprays water into my coast to coast overflow. I had to adjust the valve on it to a slower rate to prevent air bubbles in my tank. I am glad you found your problem. I was guessing you had same problem as me.

Hey, Can you talk to my wife...I want a tank like yours...

Murphys law has struck again. I noticed a tiny wet spot this morning. On the side of every pvc fitting there is a spot/nipple used in the molding process. I have water seeping from this fitting imperfection. I guess I'll be draining the tank tonight for a quick 10 minute fix.

Don

DonW said:
Murphys law has struck again. I noticed a tiny wet spot this morning. On the side of every pvc fitting there is a spot/nipple used in the molding process. I have water seeping from this fitting imperfection. I guess I'll be draining the tank tonight for a quick 10 minute fix.

Don

Bummer deal Don. :(
Damn quality control not doing their job. :mad: :D
Hope all goes better tonight.

Maui

Hey Don that set-up is looking awesome! The tanks will just keep getting bigger and bigger! That happened to me on a bulkhead and it was caused by putting the flange gasket on the outside of the tank. Be sure the gasket goes on the inside of the tank side of bulkhead fitting.

Good luck with the project!

Randy

Thanks,
Its all leak free now. This has got to be a first. Never seen a bad pvc fitting. After a few day now the water params are perfect. My clams have settled in and all the corals except for the two that are MIA seem happy.

Don

I thought I would do monthly updates for awhile but there is really nothing to update. The entire system is doing just fine. The only problems are my own lack of time and stupidity. I've lost 6 frags due to stupidity. All should have been glued ito place and were not. The tank has a ton of flow so they either get sent to the sump or stuck to the CL intakes if small and not glued down.
I can see coraline is going to be a pain down the road. The botton and back are already getting daily growth. I think I'll keep it scraped for at least a few more months.
The tank is 100% cyno razor and hair free, I must be doing something right.

Don

DonW said:
I thought I would do monthly updates for awhile but there is really nothing to update. Don

That's pics are always appreciated :lol:

That is nice set up. Do you plan on going higher with your rock and adding more corals? If you are do you plan to let it grow out then add? I like how you hung the pumps for your closed loop on the back. I am thinking of just extending the top od the stand back to sit my CL pumps on. Do you get any vibration from them being there on the frame? Thanks

Angelscrx said:
That's pics are always appreciated :lol:

That is nice set up. Do you plan on going higher with your rock and adding more corals? If you are do you plan to let it grow out then add? I like how you hung the pumps for your closed loop on the back. I am thinking of just extending the top od the stand back to sit my CL pumps on. Do you get any vibration from them being there on the frame? Thanks

Actually I'll add lots of corals. I just like to take it one at a time. My goal is a overgrown appearance, so probably no more rock. I really like the overgrown Italian reefs on RC. Right now I'm working on stability and collecting clams.
The AM pumps are very quiet and do not vibrate.

Don

That should look pretty sweet. I like the idea of rock all the way up the back and then adding some tabletop acros to finish it out.

Back