FedEx Rant

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dood i strait up hate fedx... they always F things up.....

but i think you can sign for it on line.... meaning they will leave it at your door step no mater what.....

I think you are right about them leaving it at your door, signature or no. Like other people here, I ALWAYS have the package held for pickup. There are a couple of reasons for this. One is the package doesn't bounce around in a cold or super hot truck all day, and two, you kind of get to do a little personal PR, and meet the folks behind the desk. That way, you can explain to them just what exactly you are expecting. Of course in larger cities it may not make a difference, but I always find that a little personal touch never hurt anything.

I agree with the kingfish but it sure helps if you have the same person delivering to you on a regular basis.

Fed ex drivers are not very bright. One delivered a $13,000 wedding dress to my apartment building, and just left it on the ladies door. You can bet she was pretty mad when she got home and the dress wasnt there, and her wedding was less then a week away. A UPS driver is actually personally responsible for packages over $1000(meaning, if it gets lost or damaged, they are out $1000), so you can bet they wouldn't leave it sitting out.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

Like other people here, I ALWAYS have the package held for pickup. There are a couple of reasons for this. One is the package doesn't bounce around in a cold or super hot truck all day, and two, you kind of get to do a little personal PR, and meet the folks behind the desk.

Yeah, I met the guys behind the desk when I picked up my corals. My box was behind the desk, about 20 feet away from us. It had large stickers all over it: FRAGILE and HANDLE WITH CARE So when he went to go get it for me of course he tossed it up in the air several times while he was walking back....:rolleyes: I was too stunned to say anything.

Yeah, I met the guys behind the desk when I picked up my corals. My box was behind the desk, about 20 feet away from us. It had large stickers all over it: FRAGILE and HANDLE WITH CARE So when he went to go get it for me of course he tossed it up in the air several times while he was walking back....:rolleyes: I was too stunned to say anything.

Was this the first time you had been in there?

Yeah, I met the guys behind the desk when I picked up my corals. My box was behind the desk, about 20 feet away from us. It had large stickers all over it: FRAGILE and HANDLE WITH CARE So when he went to go get it for me of course he tossed it up in the air several times while he was walking back.... I was too stunned to say anything.

you should have punched him on the face dood :shock: :rolleyes: .
sorry to hear about everyone's problems with fedex and the other companys :oops:

I have many good fedex stories. One of my good friends bought an alienware computer that was shipped via fedex ( about $4,500 btw) the first one just disappeared. They couldn't figure out if it was delivered to the wrong place, was lost at the distribution center or what? So after about 90 days they eat the claim and alienware ships a 2nd one. What happens?? He lives at 10045 Ave L, they deliver it to 10045 Ave M, and fail to get a signature. Needless to say when they went to get it back nobody there knew of any computer being delivered. Since alienware is very customer service freindly (at least it was before Dell bought them out I don't know about now) they went ahead a shipped another right away as my friend had been through enough. That one got there OK in part because my brother was working at the local Fedex distribution center at the time and I called him ahead and told him to watch out for it. I said grab it ASAP and call me so we can come get it ourselves!!!.

Also when my brother got promoted there, his whole job was to repackage stuff that had been ripped open, crushed, or had the packing destroyed in some other fashion. It didn't matter what shape the goods were in, just put it in a new box and relabel it. Amazing.

Also when my brother got promoted there, his whole job was to repackage stuff that had been ripped open, crushed, or had the packing destroyed in some other fashion. It didn't matter what shape the goods were in, just put it in a new box and relabel it. Amazing.

Wow. That gives a customer confidence

Yeah you've got to remeber that 80%+ of fedex distribution center employees are 18-21 college students that know they are only going to be working there a few months, maybe a year or two. It's not that they aren't skilled, most of their employees just don't care. I have no faith in Fedex at all.

I live in an apartment complex. When a tenant is not home for a delivery, most delivery services will take the package to the office where the manager will sign for it and store it for the tenant to come pick up. But not FedEx. They'll take it back to their facility in Bothell instead. Even if the shipping label says "Deliver to office". I've gone through that several times with FedEx. Really frustrating with live goods. I don't get home from work until around 6, and by then it's too late to go to the FedEx facility in Bothell (40 minute drive minimum), so I have to wait an extra day for delivery. UPS and DHL never have a problem for me.

Back