Frag Jackpot!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

if you ship me some tangs, you will be on Santa's good list this year:D !!!!!!!! the guy said most of what he gave me will grow pretty fast.. i hope so because my tank is empty right now!!!

this has just been a good frag week!!!! i took some yellow polyp rocks that i propagated and a toadstool frag, up to my lfs...i traded them for a 4-5" pink birdsnest colony!!! they also had a blue acro..she let me break a frag off and have it as well!! i got it all for free.....one of the polyp rocks was sold while i was putting it in their tank at the lfs!!!!i keep little polyps, leathers, and other stuff just to frag and trade my lfs..it seems to be payin g off alot..i have gotten a few corals for free lately by doing this..here are the ones i got today(birdsnest and blue acro):D

of course!! i'm not a fool!!!! i qt everything that goes in my tanks!!!!!!!!!i am going to start the qt process and not get any more frags for a month or so..i will then transfer them to the 125

Totally awesome luck dude! With that many stony corals, will be needing to start watching calcium and alkalinity. Maybe time for a calcium reactor?

thanks Mike..hopefully my luck doesn't change!!!i am going to start out with a Kalk drip...a low tech setup!! i still can't find any Rubbermaid container with the "2" on it.. i have checked Lowes and Walmart..i have these 5g containers that my lfs sells..i use them for water changes..i am thinking of just converting one into my Kalk container

I used to use an old 5g salt bucket for my kalk. drip, but stopped when the float valve got so stuck I couldn't get it unstuck. I'm just using a old milk jug and make a fresh mix every morning. I like this so much better than the old 5g bucket. I know exactly how much kalk. is going into the tank daily and can adjust the strength of the kalk if needed after adding new frags to the setup.

wow man you can start your own coral give away day soon :) Your tank is going to look very nice when everything goes in.. When do you plan on putting all of your frags in your main display???

thanks Brady!!!.....well i just returned from Florida to find alot of my frags DEAD!!!! all of the milli's, but one died...the rest of the frags don't look well..i am not sure what happened,but i am going to go ahead and dip them in Interceptor and get them in my big tank...they all have redbugs..they are visible!!!!...

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. :doubt:

Have you found the culprit yet? Bad water chemistry?

Back