Frag Jackpot!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well i went and traded 2 leather frags for the other acro that my lfs had...the polyps are all out..it has lost its original color, but it looks really good otherwise....it has 2 acro crabs, one of which is the smallest crab i have ever seen..it is about the size of one of the polyps on the acro..it blends with the polyps very well...

well i went and traded 2 leather frags for the other acro that my lfs had...the polyps are all out..it has lost its original color, but it looks really good otherwise....it has 2 acro crabs, one of which is the smallest crab i have ever seen..it is about the size of one of the polyps on the acro..it blends with the polyps very well...

that's awesome dood :) ... now let's see some pics :D .

here are the pics of my 2 newest acro's..the first 2 pics are of the one that was dying..it has lost alot of color, but still has polyps out...the 3rd pic is of the colony i got a few days ago..it is doing very well..all the polpys are extended and very large...i know they have lost some color, but can anyone tell me anything about them??? what are their real names????

Ron, are these wild colonies?? If so wild acropora is so very hard to keep. The first looks to me to be something along the lines of an acropora granulosa, maybe loripes. The last pic I have no idea about. If these are aquacultured then there is more of a chance in saving them. Polyp extension doesn't mean anything towards a coral being healthy or not. I used to think so but Eric B. says no.

i don't know if they are wild colonies or not..my lfs doesn't know anything about them..they njust order an acro, and that is it..they don't even know what color it will be when they order it!!

usually you can tell from the mount of the coral if it is wild of aquacultured. The aquacultured come on a disk, some on a rock with fishing line holding them in place. The wild come on rock they chisled the coral from.

they both look like they are mounted on an oyster shell shaped rock, possibly a real oyster shell..they are encrusted with coralline, so it is hard to tell..the rocks are very thin ...i'm not sure if they could chisel a rock this thin without it breaking...hopefully they aren't wild..i am going to see if my lfs can give their supplier a call and ask for me

if the rock is rounded like the oyster shell then I know what your talking about. I have seen them and they are aquacultured. Thats a good thing then.

Back