Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm picking up some Marco Rock at our upcoming BAYMAC Conference. I will be hanging the rock on the 1" acrylic sheet as well as possibly siliconing them also. I'll post pics as soon as I finish them.

great work keep it going...can you post some more pictures of the Tunze black boxes?

how are they secured in the boxes? and the outlet holes how big are they?

thanks for all the great info.

44073fea.jpg

bec594a0.jpg

db37e8b4.jpg

Here's more pics of the wet boxes. I used the same 7/8" acrylic bit that I used for the frag racks. I bought some 2 1/2" suction cups and drilled out the holes a bit bigger for them. I'm still debating whether to get 6105's or 6205's for the tank. I also decided to go with 1" Sea Swirls instead of the Vertex Motions, I've been really happy w/the ones I have on the frag tank.

Last edited:
Jim - So excuse my ignorance but what are wet boxes for? I'm thinking it's for flow and no deadspots but I cant figure out the "how"? Are you putting pumps in there?

Thanks and love your thread and setup, first class all the way! I like how you use all that FRP to make everything look so clean!

Jim - So excuse my ignorance but what are wet boxes for? I'm thinking it's for flow and no deadspots but I cant figure out the "how"? Are you putting pumps in there?

Thanks and love your thread and setup, first class all the way! I like how you use all that FRP to make everything look so clean!

Thanks for the complments BallardReefGuy. The original idea behind the wetboxes was to hide them in the rockwork and place the tunze pumps outside the wetboxes w/the magnets inside the wetboxes. Although, with the amount of holes drilled in the wetboxes I could place a pump in the inside and use it to create more flow within the rockwork...lots of possibilities !

The FRP took alot longer to install, but well worth it in the end. I highly recommend it for anyone doing a fishroom.

68f4b822.jpg

Here's a pic of the left side of the tank. There's two huge 40+ lbs of Marco Fiji Rock stacked w/2 pieces attached w/mortar and fiberglass rods on the sides. In the front is a small bommie which will house anemones (rainbow, sunburst,etc.) and 5 anemones (snowcassos or smores).

9e4825a4.jpg

Here's a pic of the right side of the tank. There's 3 pieces of Fiji rock glued w/the largest rock sitting on top (Marco Fiji Rock). I really wanted to soften that corner and hopefully w/the right coral placement I can achieve that.

You posted this pic right??
I used it as a life lesson for all :) not you.. I just used your pic.
That dog is prolly thinking he shouldn't have done that.

I'm picking up some sand this week and waiting on my return pump (I'm switching from a hammerhead to a water blaster pump). Although, I just might put in the tunze 6205's and a heater to get this thing going. :)

Back