• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grand Opening Sale!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cy,

Is Friday, Sept 28th the earliest general raffle tickets can be purchased??

Cy,

Is Friday, Sept 28th the earliest general raffle tickets can be purchased??

Yes. We won't have the raffle items seperated/organized completely until thursday night the 27th. My wife will be here fri/sat/sun handling the Elos Raffle and the general raffle so there shouldn't be long waits to get raffle tickets.

Also:
The Current Bulb donation arrived today. They sent 2-65w Square Pin PC bulbs (one dual actinic/one dual daylight) and 2-96watt Square Pin PC Bulbs (one dual actinic/ one dual daylight). They will be raffled off as pairs.

Thanks!

Hey guys, this is Sam from Sunlight Supply. I will be attending this event. We will be donating one 250W Galaxy ballast, which is among our new line of Electronic ballasts.

I will not be able to be present on Sunday. I will be attending Saturday until about 6pm.

Thanks for having me! I always enjoy coming up to seeing fellow reefers in the NW. (I live in Portland and am a part of PNWMAS)

If you guys are interested in specific items, please add to this forum and I will bring the stuff with me!

-Sam

That galaxy ballast is a great donation. I hope I can take it home as it would be great to put on my quarantine tank (for my sps).

I love your products. I just purchased 3 - 2' T5 retro kits and 4 - 4' T5 retro kits for my new setup. These should be a great addition to the tank. I look forward to talking with you.

matt

Hey guys, this is Sam from Sunlight Supply. I will be attending this event. We will be donating one 250W Galaxy ballast, which is among our new line of Electronic ballasts.

I will not be able to be present on Sunday. I will be attending Saturday until about 6pm.

Thanks for having me! I always enjoy coming up to seeing fellow reefers in the NW. (I live in Portland and am a part of PNWMAS)

If you guys are interested in specific items, please add to this forum and I will bring the stuff with me!

-Sam

I am interested in adding atanics to my current set up (3 250 watt retrofit MH), no idea what I want, style type or even what choices I have since I have not looked into or researched at all, so I will probably be stopping by to talk to you.

I asked Jason @ CFI about this and he didn't have an answer. I'm curious if the discounted tank quotes given at the sale were valid only through the days of the sale or if there would be a grace period to make the purchase.

Sure....we'll do one week. So you'll have until the following sunday at closing to put a deposit down on an order. After that normal markup will resume. I wish I could do longer but its just not feasible.

Thanks

Seachem's raffle donation came today. I didn't go through everything but the box had ammonia and pH monitors, additives, and Reef Packs.

Thanks Seachem!

Euro-Reef confirmed our order today and the discounts we are able to pass on, with their help, fall right between 20%-25% depending on the item. They are also sending a RS-80P for the raffle. These are a new promotional version of the RS-80. They will be on special for $179.99. Amongst a bunch of their skimmers, we also have one of their new calcium reactors and four of their new sumps coming. We have been given the ok to compile a one-time order for anything we sell out of or do not have in-stock at the sale prices. Euro-Reef's minimum advertised pricing policy prevents me from posting any prices. They will be posted at the store during the sale. We are excited to see the new stuff!

Thanks Euro-Reef!

I will post a complete list of the raffle items early next week.

Two Little Fishies and Juliun Sprung sent a raffle donation which arrived today. As mentioned earlier there is a signed copy of Reef Aquarium Volume 3 as well as some of TLF's products.

Thanks Two Little Fishies!

I see that you guys are having a sale on some Reeflux 12K bulbs. Do you guys have any of those on display in the store? I'd love to see how the color is. It's about time to switch my 250W 14K Hamilton and I wouldn't mind trying something new with a little less blue. How do you think they would compare?

I see that you guys are having a sale on some Reeflux 12K bulbs. Do you guys have any of those on display in the store? I'd love to see how the color is. It's about time to switch my 250W 14K Hamilton and I wouldn't mind trying something new with a little less blue. How do you think they would compare?

We do have some SE 250 12k and SE 400 12k on display here. They are reaching the end of their life. They are less blue and a little more crisp than the H14ks. I haven't looked at Sanjay's site to compare them in a while but I'd guess fairly similar output. In my opinion the ReefLux 12k's will promote better color and growth. JMO though.

Raffle Update:

Here is a list of the raffle item packages. These are the currently confirmed items. More may be added in these last few days. These prizes are for the general raffle which is being held seperate from the Elos Tank Raffle. You will be given one free ticket each day you visit during the sale. No purchase needed. You can also buy additional tickets for $2.00 each or 6 for $10.00. There will be drop boxes for each raffle item so you can choose which prize's drawing you want to enter. The quantity listed at the end of each item is the number of packages we have to give away in that category.

1. Instant Ocean Salt Bucket w/ Maxi Jet 900 Pump 1qty
2. Pair of Coralvue Metal Halide Bulbs (you pick which bulbs) 1qty
3. $50 Barrier Reef Aquariums Livestock Gift Certificates 4qty
4. Milwaukee Instruments pH Pen 1qty
5. Euro-Reef RS-80P Protein Skimmer 1qty
6. Oceanic BioCube 8 Complete System 1qty
7. American Marine PinPoint Wireless Thermometer 1qty
8. Pair 65w Current SQ Pin PC Lights Actinic/Day 1qty
9. Pair 96w Current SQ Pin PC Lights Actinic/Day 1qty
10. Reef Aquaruim Volume 3 Sprung/Delbeek Signed 1qty
11. Complete Elos Purist Line + 1 Liter Filtra M and PO4 & NO3 Test Kits 1qty
12. CaribSea 1 Gallon Coarse ARM Calcium Reactor Media + Phosbuster Pro
and BioClear 4qty
13. Seachem Reef Pack (Reef Complete/Reef Carbonate/Reef Plus Amino) w/ Phosbuster Pro and BioClear 12qty
14. 2 Cans Ocean Nutrition Dry Food + 16oz Carib Sea Purple Up and your choice of one additional Seachem or Two Little Fishies Product 15qty
15. Sunlight Supply 250w Galaxy Electronic Halide Ballast 1qty

I'm counting 46 Prizes! There are still a few outstanding donations which will hopefully be followed through on. This is gonna be so much fun:)

Last edited:
Back