Here is my 100 Gallon in wall project!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wwouu Matt that's fast :shock: .
Red is my favorite color so definetly like the wall, your tank is gonna look really really nice :) ..... just like the other 2 tanks you got.

Thanks Krish and Gaby, I have worked hard on it over the last 4 days, now I have to get all my plumbing, lighting, sump, livesand and live rock ready to go. I already have 100lbs of figi pink sand ready to go, an ice cap 660 ballast with 4-4' bulbs ready to hang above the tank. my next big thing is the sump, I am debating between two 29 gallon aquariums with a bulkhead to connect them, one for livesand and rock, other for heater, pumps and skimmer. Or a RS200 refugium from Indoor Reef. I kinda like the idea of the two 29's but they are like $50-$60 each and I just dont know if its worth that or not. I am sure I will come a conclusion over the next few days...
any other ideas are appreciated. I have 20"x110" worth of room to fit the sump so I should be able use any method...:)

Matt

Well, I am going to go with the RS200 sump/fuge from indoor reef, Its capasity is a 200 gallon, the total volume of the sump is 45 gallons, should be plenty good, if not an over kill as the tank is 100 gallons, the sump will be in tomorrow as soon as I set it all up I will post more pics...

Matt

Sounds great Matt! I don't think it is possible to go over-kill when it comes to volume. The bigger the sump...The better even if all it holds is just water. I look forward to your new pics:)

Matt- This is looking really nice! the white framing is a really nice touch!

I'm trying to convince my wife to let me knock out a wall in our house too. Maybe when you come over this weekend to help me with that ledger, you could help me do a little convincing. :rolleyes:

talk to you soon,
Ben

very nice indeed. I am once again jealous:( It looks really good though. It's always great to have someone share their project with everyone. Keep us updated as things go along!

Hey Ben and Zen thanks for the compliments and I will see you Ben here in a few hours today to help you out with that deck...

Matt

Im ready for water!

Well I just finished plumbing in my IAP-RS200 sump to the tank. I also got the closed loop plumbed. (I know the plumbing is ugly but it is functional)
hopefully I will find time today to start filling the tank with RO to start then once it is full and hopefully (fingers crossed) no problems I can start to mix in the salt, then live sand and rock. Yeah I am excited.......:)

Matt

look sweet dood is that top pluming a closed look or an oceans motion 2 way return from the sump

Morgan it is a closed loop with a 1200 gph pump, nothing fancy as it is going to be a FOWLR... I have about 1000gph on the sump return pump...

Thanks for the compliments Morgan and Gaby...

Matt

Waahoooo!

I like that closed loop, too. Even though it is only FOWLR, you can still turn it to reef pretty easily without much modifications, since the closed loop is already there.

Any stocking list so far Matt?

Best,
Ilham

Matt,

I'm in the midst of setting up a 210 FOWLR and i can't wait to see how you are going to aquascape your tank. I too am also interested as to what you are putting in your tank.

yeah, I am going to bend the rules a little bit on this one, I will put about 50-60 lbs of rock in the tank to save room for swimming yet still have hiding places, I will build up two pods of rock with a cave in each one and possibly a shelf over the top. the fish we are looking into are: a volitan Lion (black), a emperater Angel, A trigger I think we decided on the male blue throat, and a bamboo cat shark. thats it. I will get the shark from an egg and will have to trade him in as he grows I think once it is about 20-24'' it would be time to let it go to a bigger tank... all the other fish are supposed to be ok in a 100 gallon....

Matt

she's filling up!!!

Here are some update pictures just from this morning..
and yes thats water trickling in from the RO...
I also installed the 4-4' vho's with the icecap ballast... the light hood is in its raised position right now in the pic, it will lower down to the tank as well...

Matt

Matt,

Its like you read my mind on how i was going to set up my tank.

I want to do the exact same type of rack formation with cave in each one because i too am planning on getting a brown banded bamboo shark. Your tank is going to look awesome. Oh FYI i would deffinately put moon lights on your new tank because these sharks don't like to become active until the lights go out or until they get older. Just wanted to let you know from previous experience.

Back