Here is my 100 Gallon in wall project!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Slick I have a full reef also. this FOWLR is my new attemp. I have much more into my reef as far as time/investment...

I love them both!!

Matt

Really nice Matt! I love all of your fish!!! You guys with these big tanks make me want to upgrade!!!!!! You know me...I change like the weather:p Thanks for sharing:)

Matt will the shark out grow that tank? I have a 100 gal I am working on setting up and I was told they will out grow the tank. BTW yours looks really good makes me glad I didn't sell mine like I was thinking of doing. thanks

Hey Keener the shark can out grow the tank, but with the cat shark a lot of time they will only reach 16'' or so in an aquarium. there is still a strong possiblity that it will out grow the tank but I am prepared to deal with that when the time comes, and it would be a couple years down the road too. I got my shark as a baby...

Thanks for the comments..

Matt

Oh man Matt! That looks awesome!!!!! I love all the fish you got picked out for your tank! The Shark look amazing! I can't wait to get mine! That is my last edition to my tank. I have to take some more pics of my tank it has some really crazy things in there.

Did anybody notice all of the white dots on Matts glass/acrylic? I have some of those growing on my overflows ond on some of my tank walls. What are they?

Matt your tank looks awesome!! Keep up the good work.

Nick
they are common in new tanks they spread fast but will go away with time. and they are harmless...
I forget what they are called..
thanks for your great comments!

Matt

no I havent fed my shark by hand it is too difficult with the lionfish in there, he is too curious and always comes up to see if he can eat it. so I havent put my hands in the tank too much. the shark gets plenty to eat he is one of the first fish out to eat...
Hey Nick you need to get some updated pictures of your tank..

Matt

Yeah, i got a stingray for my tank but i know i am probably going to hear about how my tank isn't big enough and all that good stuff so i have been delaying the torture.

I will get some pics up soon though.

Hey Nick I am doing things with my tank that others say shouldnt be done, what people say on here seems to be constructive critisism so I dont mind at all..

Matt

here are a couple update full tank shots check them out! My tank is lookin pretty good! I am very happy with the out come of my tank. All my fish get along just fine too. the funny thing is that I put some corals in my tank to test how the imperator would be with them and he hasn't even looked at them. they have been in the tank with him from day one too... I got some zoas, mushrooms and some xenia in there!!!

Matt

Bling Bling!:D Looks great Matt! That sand looks so cool in there...Wish I could add some, but NAW!!!!!:p Thanks for sharing:)

Hey thanks Krish! but the sand is a pain in the BUTT I have already scratched the glass with the mag float because sand got in it and I didnt know. but it has to be in there for the shark so there for so be it.... I will never put sand in my reef tank again though...

Matt

LOL...Me either. Sand is to play in:p I need to send you that cool little shark Andrew has. Wait until I get the pic of it in the tank. It is un-real how small it is:)

Very very nice setup! Love the fish too, maybe someday I can start a new fowlr project to complement the project I'm doing now.

~ Krystee

Nice looking tank man. How big is that lion fish now??? your shark is looking nice. Any problems with the lionfish and the shark??? Any new pics would like to see them.

Last edited:
Back