Here is my 100 Gallon in wall project!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Matt,

i really like that lionfish!! it looks cool! I read that your clown trigger turned out to be real aggressive huh? I was thinking about getting one of them but my LFS said that it would most likely attack the shark. At least you can say you kept one. Have you been able to get any pics of the shark??

every time I get the camera out the shark wont come out. I will work on it now that I can take pictures again!!!
that clown trigger was crazy!!! I almost just kept him as a sole fish in the tank but decided we wanted more then that. he was so aggresive he would try to attack anyone who walked by the tank, anything that moved in the tank including snails. he would pick them up and crush them in his mouth! Since the tank is in the wall and all access is in the back I could see him very well when I had my hands in the tank so I almost got bit a few times. I dont think I would have enjoyed that much. I tryed the net method to scare him when my hands were in there but he would just shrd the net then pull it away into a corner and come back for more!!! dont get me wrong I loved that fish, the personality was amazing! but a little bit much for me....

Thanks for your comments!!!

Matt

Oh man!! that fish was crazy. now that i think about it i remeber one time me and my fiance were at a fish store and we saw one of them and if we touched the glass he would ruch to it and try and bite the glass as if he wanted to bite us. Of cousre we stood there for about 15 minutes taunting this thing before we left. They are very cool looking and have a great personality but the things are crazier than pitbulls.

Yeah they are mean, I wish I had a better understanding of how mean before I bought him, but I did enjy the fish while we had him...

Matt

Update..

Well I just got home from the Shark Reef and I just picked up my favorite fish, one I have been waiting for!!! I just got an adult Imperor Angel this is one of the most beautifull fish on the market IMO I also got a copperbanded Butterfly to help with some aptasia I have in the tank. I will post pictures as soon as I get some taken...
BTW my stock list as of now for my 100 gallon is: large volitan lionfish, snowflake eel, catshark, Imperor Angel, Copperbanded Butterfly, some sandsifting star's, black longspine urchin, some brittle star's and a lone damsel that the lion refuses to eat. he ate the other ones but seems to like this one and leaves it alone.

thanks for looking!!!! and wish me luck on my new arrivals!

Matt

Adult emporer? Nice. You've gotta PM me and tell me what that cost. I was looking awhile ago and couldn't find one.

Eric at Shark reef always has them and for less then you can find them online! go check him out!

Matt

Matt,

I hope you can get some pics up of your new additions(like i should talk :rolleyes: ) I am still waiting on my shark. I am hatching mine from an egg so that should be pretty cool. I should post some new pics of my tank. Your tank is ounding awesome though. Did you ever get a backgroundon it?

Nick

Here are some pictures!!!

I took lots of pictures today, please take your time and check them out, I am sorry about the quality and the number of pictures but I am excited to share!!!

Matt

Very nice.

You know sometimes I wonder why I went with a reef instead of just fish. I love your fish.

Well hopefully in a year I'll be saying "I'm soooo glad I did a reef instead of just fish".

Back