Hmmm what ARE akunochi an blackberry doing....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'll get some pics once she clears up.

Chicas- Yeah I just kicked the saltwater in last night so she is def cloudy. I def could have used some cheato, but maybe I can get some from Luisse today.

On another note.....is it normal for a SWC 160 cone to lose their minds during break in? I can barely turn it down enough to keep it from overflowing the cup. I had to open the gate valve all the way and almost turn off the silencer air line.

Yea, some skimmers do some funny things when breaking in. Should settle eventually. One of my skimmers I had running for a while freaked out on me one day and starting dumping tons of water for what seemed no apparent reason then settled back down. Sometimes, I think they have a mind of their own!

Got a MH bulb and some cheapo parabolic reflectors today from my friend Jerry. He just ordered a sick 6 bulb aquaticlife t5 light so he had no need. It'll serve nice for cycle/intermittent light until I get the lumen arc or lumen bright reflectors in place.

Some pics as promised

SAM_0565.jpg

SAM_0566.jpg

SAM_0568.jpg

SAM_0567.jpg

Well...I'm gonna double check, but ammonia is at 0....nitrite is at 0....nitrates are spiked. Unless something has changed I believe this means the initial cycle is done. I have a hard time believing that even if I did use live sand and some live rock. Oh well i dropped a couple fish in figuring that they'll survive regardless.

Also the Vortech MP40w es, 2 lumenarc minis, 2 xm 20k bulbs are all gonna be here this tuesday I believe. I do need to get ahold of 2 4' T5 reflectors, endcaps and standoffs.

Well I got a pair of picasso clowns (One is almost a platinum he is 90% white), a longnose hawkfish and 2 pink anthias. That'll add some life to the tank for now....still waiting for all my goodies to come in this Tuesday.

Just finished the ATO...wait til you see my hidden reservoir. Took a couple trys since the first power supply I got wasn't powerful enough to trip the relay. Fail

Also the main siphon line had a nasty habit of getting hydrolock once the siphon was broken in the overflow (IE return pump powered off) I drilled a hold in the pipe above the water line and all is good now. Made the tank a little noisy so I will readdress that in the near future.

Sweet way to hide the ATO. I had a large cat playground thing like that and my cats never touched it.... that's cats for you.

Thanks to Jay for hooking up the corals. Got over a hundred polyps, some dendro heads, SPS, Zypher star monti, AOG zoas etc. Woot. The SPS is hurting, but the polyps are starting to come out on a few of the pieces.

Back