In Wall - going for it! - seeking your ideas/feedback/advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is pretty sheet metal. Mostly because Im not installing it. I hope I cut the existing stuff back in a way that is user friendly for Scott. If not, a little duct tape will have to do. :D

I stole (with the boss watching) eight feet of the 1/8 laminate flooring underlayment out of the work van for you. It should work well as a tank underfoam. That'll save you another $10.

NIIIIIICE! Thanks Duane! Beleive it or not, that little blue pad would run me $50 at walmart. So, I'd say you actually just saved me 5 times what you thought.

Scott did a little test fitting today of the fittings and it looks like they'll work perfectly w/ the existing cuts.

The pads I got was $9 at Academy Sports, don't know if there is a such thing there but you should be able to find it cheaper. I think that floor underlayment will be sufficient padding though & at a great price of Free!

No pics yet? Awe man....

Just taking a quick break.. things are coming along better than anticipated. Scott came over this morning and worked his magic - thanks again Scott! I did a little sheet rocking (a skill I have definatley yet to master) And....let's just say I succesfully went "hogging" for my first time today (he he). Stay tuned pics coming tonight. :)

We will now have a quick interruption of your regularly scheduled program to announce, "I got him! I got him! I got him!!!" :D:D:D (the fish-eating CB shrimp, that is.)

He is a threat no more.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program.... ;)

Glad you got your bandit Jan :)

So actual pics will follow later tonight, but here is an update - working on some trimwork at the moment. I like the colonial look, but my wife likes a more simple/plain look. Guess who wins :lol::lol::lol::lol:

538180609_9399c31f7d_o.jpg

gotta keep her happy right? ha ha.. The plain look probably fits better with our home anyway..

Pics please!!! You were granted the opportunity to do what I have wanted to do for a long time. I have been following along to see how this comes. Keep us posted, I would love to see it in person when completed.

DB

Thanks DB. Definately welcome over when I finally get it completed - thinking of having a B-bque. :razz:

Jan you don't get a thanks since you're on "her" side :p

Anyhow.. as promised, here are some pics...

Scott was surprised I had a camera... Thanks again man!!!!
538142660_fadcf747bd.jpg

I sheetrocked above the stand - I'm a lousy sheetrocker...
538142684_4561b6f7c6.jpg

Oink.. oink.. here's the whole hog.. good times, good times (Thanks Duane for letting me borrow her & also thank you for the underlayment)
538142670_f3ac7091fc.jpg

Lotta holes in the back...
538142666_8985821ed3.jpg

And.. I lost my balance and accidentally put my hand through the piece of sheetrock that was blocking off the hole.. dohh! :lol:
538142678_57cf905528.jpg

I'm hoping to be able to make some progress on the trim work manana. until then, I'm signing off.

Last edited:
Hey Ben,
You did a great job with the rock and tape.:) Roughing in the the boots was easy. Duane mastered the art of sawzall duct modification. A little tape and we were good to go. Finish your electrical and we can hang tin.
Scott

Thanks Scott - Hope to get to the electrical soon. I'll let ya know.

Today was another day of good progress...

I picked up some "simple/plain" trim (wife's choice:rolleyes:) and actually came out better than expected. I still need to caulk it, but I think it looks very nice and clean and it does fit better with our house than the other colonial style that I picked out.

Here are a few pics..

Oh yeah.. and I started a little patch work too. :doubt:

539845588_bc7279251c.jpg

539858352_15eb19c42e.jpg

You are more than welcome to come to our next job to help with the sheetrock phase. I would invite you to trim as well but those days of finish trim are short lived and Im not willing to give up on all of the fun stuff after the tedious work leading up to it.

Nice job on the trim.

Well.. wife had a day to think about it and she tells me the trim is "too plain":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. so... off to Lowes I go.. and pickup some more detailed trim. I just got done painting them, so I hope to post some more pics tomorrow.

Also, Scott is coming over tomorrow to install the top and side ventalation pipe. I'm going to wait on the bottom one until I get the electrical in and sheetrock it. Stay tuned for pics...

New update: wow things are going fast now... Appt is set for Thursday 7:30pm delivery and swiss cheesing of the tank! whoa.. whoa... and whoa...

And.. Scott is coming over tonight to help hang the ducting at the top!!!!!

Can you tell I'm stoked!?!?!?! ::D

Ben,

Plan on making many more trips to Lowes. :D
I made several trips when Jason was here for my install.

Back