IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Did you ? Or are you going to hook up a large pump in the tank just in case you need to rid the tank of some water quickly?

Did you ? Or are you going to hook up a large pump in the tank just in case you need to rid the tank of some water quickly?

I have an eheim 1262 sitting ready with 30' of hose, that will go out the window, just in case I have to empty it fast.

BUT I wont need that, now will I!!!!:fear:

I dont think you will. But I have been known to have my head up my a.. a time or two, and didnt have a simple plan B in place. Would of Could have Should have. LOL

Oh that fill rate looks all too familiar. See you in a few days :D Nice and slow though so you can watch the plumbing closely. Nice job Lorrie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah. Its kinda slow.

I have a quarter inch of water in it now.

Last edited:
Started it back up at 8 this morning. There is now 3.25" (24.3 gal) in it now.

At this rate, it might be full by next weekend.

Up to 5" of water. 37.5 gals. OMG this is going to take too long! I better order some new filters for my rodi unit.

If in your budget, go buy water in bulk at lfs..saves time and wear n tear on your to unit
Will fill your tank quicker

This is true...but...I only have 5 buckets and the lfs is an hour away and closed on sundays. The tds meter still reads 0 so I am not too worried about it. This is going to take a while though. I have storage for 25 gals that it will make overnight. I can put in it every evening to help.

too bad...when I did a 200 gallon water change for my tank, I filled up 3 40 gallon brute containers of water from a LFS..instead of days it took 3 hours to complete the water change...my membrane only makes 90g/day.

too bad u aren't closer, I would have stopped by for you to borrow my containers to get this puppy filled. :)

Well maybe you could fill them up tonight and bring them over tomorrow! :biggrin1:

JKg
I'm not in that big of a hurry.

There is 8" of water in the tank. Two bulkheads are submerged and holding.

IMG_3488.jpg

Oops...I spoke too soon.

There is 8.75" of water in the tank and just about to the opening of the lower closed loop 2" bulkhead.

This is like watching a Bob Ross painting episode in slow motion. It's going to be beautiful when it's done, but pure suspense. What happy little wave is he going to paint next? Did you guys have Bob Ross around here on PBS, or was that a purely Midwest thing?

I remember him too. But then I am from the midwest! lol!

Well the fitting on the exhaust side of the pump was leaking, so I had to pull it off. Cleaned off the threads and put new tape on it. Hooked it back up and its looking good now. 9.5" of water (71 gals) in the tank.

Last edited:
Oh, so that means it is now above the bottom exhaust bulkhead to the closed loop pump and it is holding.

We had him in the South where I spent the majority of my life b4 moving to WA on 2006

Back