IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think the outside of the stand is ready for painting. There were a few screws in the front of the stand that were sticking out kinda crooked, so I removed them, counter sunk them and puttied over the holes so they wont be seen. That will get sanded down and then its ready to paint.
I am going to paint the outside of the doors over the next couple nights, that way by the weekend they will be dry and I can set them aside and out of the way. I have hinges for them somewhere too. I'll have to find those.

The more I read about your build the more I think you have more tools than more women I have ever known LOL
Keep up the good work.

The more I read about your build the more I think you have more tools than more women I have ever known LOL
Keep up the good work.

HAHA...Thanks...Actually, there are more tools in the garage than you would believe. I dont even know what all is out there.

Well the doors and stand is painted.

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

Looking good :D Getting closer and closer. Plumbing is always fun :lol: I am working on that same thing myself.

Cheers,
Alex

I got a good portion of the plumbing glued together today. Going out for breakfast tomorrow morning, so will hopefully get the rest of the plumbing done tomorrow after we get home.
MAYYYYBE if next weekend is nice and someone comes by to help me carry this thing outside, it will get water tested! :fear:
Oh and I will need help bringing it back in too!:whistle:

I'm in no real hurry though.

I got a good portion of the plumbing glued together today. Going out for breakfast tomorrow morning, so will hopefully get the rest of the plumbing done tomorrow after we get home.
MAYYYYBE if next weekend is nice and someone comes by to help me carry this thing outside, it will get water tested! :fear:
Oh and I will need help bringing it back in too!:whistle:

I'm in no real hurry though.

I'll be out of town this coming weekend but I hope you get it tested and if not then I might be able to help another weekend if you need it.

I'll be out of town this coming weekend but I hope you get it tested and if not then I might be able to help another weekend if you need it.

That would be cool. There would definitely be a few frags in it for you.
I wont be doing it this weekend. Going to the April PSAS meeting saturday. And, I ran out of pvc cement. So I still have a few pieces to put together. Will do those next weekend. So I am looking at the taking it out on saturday the 28th and bringing it back in on the sunday the 29th.

Hey Lorrie, I may be heading back over to Hansville this weekend to finish up my drywall work and could give you a hand plus have PVC cement you could use as well. Looking forward to seeing all your progress on this build so far.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Lorrie, I may be heading back over to Hansville this weekend to finish up my drywall work and could give you a hand plus have PVC cement you could use as well. Looking forward to seeing all your progress on this build so far.

Cheers, Todd

I picked up a can of cement yesterday afternoon. I have plenty now, but thanks.
Your welcome to stop by though if you have a minute to see how things are going.

:dance:The plumbing is DONE!

I just need to pick up some hose from work.

I hope next weekend is nice so I can get this thing outside and fill it up for its leak test.

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

I have to ask. Why all the little lines on the fittings of the pvc????

Looks good you have done an awesome job!!!!
If you are feeling froggy put some water in that beast where it sits. A small drip will just need a towel and a wrench. LOL

All the little lines are to match up pieces when I cemented them together. I lined each piece up on three points so I knew I was putting the right pieces together and in the correct position. The pipe across the top has 5 T's in it that fit to the 5 bulkheads. If they were not possitioned the excact distance apart and in perfect alinement the pipe connections would not line up with the bulkheads. It had to be removed and assembled off the tank, so with the 3 point alinement, I knew the pieces were going toghether precisely where they needed to, to fit back on the tank right.

Very good idea!!

I figured it out once I hit the post button LOL.
I have never done it that way, But I will use that method in the future.

Lorrie, Great job so far, You did a great job with the plumbing! That idea with the lines was very clever. looking forward to seeing that badboy filled with water!

Lorrie, Great job so far, You did a great job with the plumbing! That idea with the lines was very clever. looking forward to seeing that badboy filled with water!

Well that will be when you can get here! Let me know what your schedule is like.

You know, I didnt have the unions in the top part originally, but I got to thinking about it, and we would not have been able to pick it up off the tank with all that plumbing attached, let a lone move the tank anywhere. It never would have fit out the door. Being able to take the mid section off will make it alot easier to move the tank.

Last edited:
Boy I avoided a disaster today. I was in getting water out of my RODI container and heard this...tap tap tap tap tap...and noticed that the two way hose adaptor that connects my RODI unit and the washing machine to the cold water line was leaking. Since I was getting ready to leave, I turned off the cold water and left it at that. While I was at HD I picked up some seals to replace the ones in the two way. Welllllllll, I started to take the two way connector off and it just fell apart in two pieces. If I hadnt turned off the water, I know I would have come home to a flooded house. So back to HD for new connector. I replaced it and all is well now, but that was close!

Well the tank is ready to be moved outside and filled up. Hopefully next weekend is nice. If it is, its going out and getting filled up one way or another.

Back