IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The sump is done. The right side is the skimmer and intake from the tank overflows. The far left is where there will be two return pumps. I figure theres enough room for a good amount of cheato in the center. I hope this tank is big enough. I have not had any experience with this auto top off unit. I am putting another container under the 54 with RO/DI for the top off water and bought a kalkwasser mixer to run inline. We'll see how it works.

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

Looking great Lorrie. Coming right along and seems you might be catching up to me really soon. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

Looking great Lorrie. Coming right along and seems you might be catching up to me really soon. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

Lorie will have a well established reef long before you have yours wet. LOL
How is it coming along ?BTW

Lorie, It is good to see progress on your build. Your sump looks good. I thought you had more room to go with a larger fuge?

I decided to use my 54 gal corner tank as the refuge. I wanted more room in the sump area to be able to get the skimmer in and out to clean it and a place for a little filtering of the water from the overflow with either sock or other filter media. I want to get a carbon filter in the skimmer side too.

I was going to finish painting the inside of the doors tonight, but instead I am transfering parts off the old rear fender of my harley to the new rear fender. I forgot how much fun it is working on the bike. I cant wait for the weather to get nice again.

And yes peppie I might have had a problem with that acrylic box, but I can take my harley apart and put it back together like new. As long as I have the right tools. And yes...it runs great! I only wish I had a garage big enough to work in.

Lorie will have a well established reef long before you have yours wet. LOL
How is it coming along ?BTW

Funny you should say that.

My rock is cycled already except for two pieces. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0 and nitrates were 25ppm. I did a water change on it a week ago. Have clean up crew in it too. I have most of the fish that are going into it in qt. And all the sps and lps from two of my tanks are going in it slowly over time, so It is just about stocked. I just need to get it full of water.

I can take my harley apart and put it back together like new. As long as I have the right tools. And yes...it runs great! I only wish I had a garage big enough to work in.
Lorrie you are awesome....Becca

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Didnt know you rode!! Awesome!!

I sold my Road King a while back to buy a racecar and some woodworking , tools. Days like today, I miss it.
Got any pics of the bike???? I'd like to see

Very nice girlfriend....Becca

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Very nice Lorie.
Looks like a softail? I know they put you lower to the ground. Love the flames!

Does your dog wear a brain bucket when he rides? Ever get a ticket if he dont?

Very nice Lorie.
Looks like a softail? I know they put you lower to the ground. Love the flames!

Does your dog wear a brain bucket when he rides? Ever get a ticket if he dont?

No SHE doesnt wear a helmet. No tickets for that yet.
Yes it is a Heritage Softail Classic. I had it lowered even more. My foot boards are all scraped up on the bottom from taking corners too fast and scraping them on the pavement. Thats a custom paint job I drew up and picked the colors for. Russ at Custom Classic Paint in Ravensdale painted it.

well it looks like you should have water in it by when? next time im at lake trask i will have to come by and check it out.....cant wait to c it in action

Back