IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I caught the blue hippo tang saturday night. I was up till 11:30 acclimating him. I would have like to put him in before the purple tang went in, but he was a little more wise to the trap than everyone else was. Took me 15 minutes to catch the purple tang. Took me two weeks to catch the blue hippo.
The purple tang is telling him who is boss but at least he is not biting him or actually hitting him. Just getting real close and trying to chase him around. The blue hippo is kinda ignoring him for the most part. As of sunday night he was calmed down and not acting as aggressive. I think it is going to work out.

Just to update the fish in the tank right now are
Hawaiian Saddleback Wrasse
Tomani (Flame Fin) Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Purple Tang
Bursa Trigger
and 5 talbot damsels
Blue Hippo Tang
I need a red fish now. I am thinking a dwarf angel of some kind.

Last edited:
I have my lights. Picked up 3 of the ecotech radion units. I built the stand for them yesterday. I am not hanging anything from the ceiling. I think they would look pretty ridiculous. I will have the lights up and running this next weekend.

Got the stand built and the lights hung saturday.
Set them up this morning and plugged them in. I turned them down a bit.
Now I need to figure out how to program them.
I think I am going with the artifiial mode.

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

DSC08620.jpg

DSC08624.jpg

You have done a great job with your build very fun to watch as it just keeps getting better:)

Well, thank you!

I have some trim that I am going to put around the top too. Need to paint it first. Then I need to put the doors on the stand. Few odds & ends to do yet. I still have the power cords coming out the front. I need to reroute those to the back. I need to do a water change too.

Did you guy's make your light holder that is really nice and open! I still havn't decided how i will hang my lights yet, but i like what you did:)

Yeah, I kinda just threw it together. Its just 4 metal shelf brackets, 4 pieces of 3/4x1 3/4" pieces of wood (two flats and two uprights) and 1 1/4" wood closet pole.

Outstanding!!
I am impressed with your lighting design. Simple, functional, looks great, and most of all YOU did it.
Keep up the posts. And get bussy on those doors!!!

Have you been thinking about your next build????? LOL

Outstanding!!
I am impressed with your lighting design. Simple, functional, looks great, and most of all YOU did it.
Keep up the posts. And get bussy on those doors!!!

Have you been thinking about your next build????? LOL

Thanks peppie.
Yeah, I dont know about another build. I am setting up a frag tank, but its probably going to just be a 50B.

Thanks peppie.
Yeah, I dont know about another build. I am setting up a frag tank, but its probably going to just be a 50B.

See there I knew you had something in mind.
Once I get close to finishing one project, I am already thinking about the next one.
Its in our blood. LOL

Great job Lorrie, your tank build is looking awesome. Will definitely have to stop by and check it out, almost done with my remodel project over there so maybe next week will finally have time for a visit to check out your handywork in person.

Cheers, Todd

I am working on it, slowly but surely. I am adding a few more pieces today. Tested the water yesterday.
Cal 430
alk 6.1
mag 1240

trying to figure out what to do to get the parameters better
Did a small water change yesterday. Will test it again today.

Nothing has really changed since the video.
I had to replace one of the light units. Returned it yesterday. I need to set up the new one yet.
My acans are not liking something, so I am trying to figure out what that is.

Had to get up at 3 this morning to take my husband to the hospital. He finally had his surgery. Got home about 5 and took a nap. The dog finally woke me up about 8 because she wanted her dinner. Oh, his surgery went great.

I am really tired.

Back