iroll253's Undecided Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks a lot. I am planning on this tank being temporary, hopefully..

Added all but two larger uv optics which are in the mail. I also ordered 14 royal blue xt's to go on another 18'' heatsink but with a 1050ma driver instead of the multicolor string running at 700ma.

Sorry for quality need to borrow a friends dslr for better photos.

IMAG0157-1.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

I have to ask cause it made me chuckle.....does the clamp on the side of the tank stand in the last pic keep the tank from falling over?

Hahah no but that would be funny. The tank and stand were only 12'' deep so it was more like temporary earthquake damage prevention. Just incase lol

You have done alot of nice work, and it shows.
Great job.
Is there a new hood in the future??

Definitely a new controllable suspended light fixture in the future. I'm getting into rescue diving and have been pouring my income into various scuba courses which has been inhibiting the final two equipment upgrades. I need the light and unfortunately a new stand which means moving the tank. I should be okay though I'm looking for a 40B to help with the stand swap. I appreciate the compliments. :D

Last edited:
Got my badfish reef systems frag racks today, I like them alot! Slim and sleek, (tilted for better viewing from the front). Pics take about an hr after the lights went out so some corals are closed. Got some sweet pics of the Harlequin though! Excuse the lights, there are no white led's on the string photo'd. Only blues,uv's,reds and greens.

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

I'd like to give a list of sps i have so far and ask what will and will not be okay next to each other or what to keep separate. Id appreciate it as I am new to keeping a variety of sps.

Green digi
Orange digi
Orange monti cap
Red setosa
Green slimer (acro?)
Purple acro (pictured)
Green milli
Green hydnophora

Very nice looking tank and a lot of great looking coral in there. I like those little racks.
I would say for sure keep everything at least a few (4-5) inches away from that hydnophora. It is very aggressive. The slimer will be a little aggressive too. The digis are good to go right next to each other. They could even intertwine with no problems but anything else is going to kill off the area it touches on them. You will want to leave a few inches between the rest for growth. some of them will spread out pretty far. Im not sure how aggressive the setosa & the milli is. Thats just what I would do anyway.

Cool, now that I have a basic placement strategy ill be rearranging a little. Thanks Lorie, I appreciate it.

Pictures just don't do it justice.
It is a very nice tank.

Thanks a lot Marty I never get to show it off in person, youre one of the few!

Here are a few more photos with only x14 3w cree rb xml's at 1000ma. Its hard for me to get decent pics under this light.

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

Went to Aquarium Paradise and am happy to say that their store has switched owners and Dom is pretty much running the show now since Lonzo left. I talked to him for awhile yesterday about how he has been turning his tanks around. They are still all soft coral systems but they are looking great. So Darryl if you're reading this I owe you an apology. Anyways I picked up a treat for the tank (live brine) and have been keeping them in my fridge so i can portion them out. I also traded 10 hermit crabs for 4 large nassarius snails and picked up a Mccoskers Wrasse that was in qt for a few weeks for a good deal. Here are some pics of the new additions and my hermit crab that I saved from being swallowed whole by my 8x8x6'' Welso brain.

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Super nice tank... that huge LPS is so beautiful. Simply amazing.

Thanks for the kind words!

Cell phone update until i borrow another dslr. sorry lol

I built the light hood out of wood from an old broken loom built a longg time ago. I left the sticker to show it off. On the front of the box it came 1/16'' short on each side. I was literally 1/8'' short on the wood needed. I did that instead of taking it apart and shortening it after already glueing it. I blew a couple leds on the non blue strip so will be ordering some replacements. Until then im unfortunately stuck running all blues for a few days.

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0575-1.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

Pics of the light hanging. Still working on getting my daylight string working. Need to order 4 led's to replace the ones that blew. For the last week only blues have been running..

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Back