Jesse's 40B with 20L sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sump looks good. how much does the t at the end of the drain pvc restrict the flow?

not at all i drilled about 50 1/4" holes in it. i just did not want the flow to come shooting out in 1 direction. this makes it go everywhere with not to much flow in any 1 direction and the bubbles go straight up.

I must say I really like the way this looks Jesse. It turned out really clean and the rock scape looks great. It looks so much bigger than a 40B in the pics. Makes me wanna go set up ours that's sitting in the garage right now.

I must say I really like the way this looks Jesse. It turned out really clean and the rock scape looks great. It looks so much bigger than a 40B in the pics. Makes me wanna go set up ours that's sitting in the garage right now.

thanks for the compliment. i learned from some of my previous mistakes rock scaping and tried to leave room for ground frags. my tank at home has to much rock and not enough room for frags to grow out.

Sounds good! Or, I get back on Thursday and then I have the Monday and Tuesday off if you want to stop by here and grab a frag or two?!

Sounds good. I'm trying to coordinate a visit to you and brandyrb at the same time since you two are so far up north. Give me a call when you get back in town and let me know when is the best time. Have fun in the wilderness, see ya when you get back.

Sounds good! Or, I get back on Thursday and then I have the Monday and Tuesday off if you want to stop by here and grab a frag or two?!

Sounds good! I will be back Thursday but I will be headed out to Kevins on Friday if he gets what I want in. I could bring by some frags then but I usually head strait out there from work and dont go home before because its so far from the freeway. Plus, it would take the fun of you coming over to check out all the new stuff! hahaha

My new camera the cannon S95 is coming next tuesday the 28th Woo Hoo so I'll be going picture crazy when that arrives.
PowerShot-S95-BEAUTY-001.jpg

Today I went to aquatic dreams and got a Vermiculate Female Leopard Wrasse, A lawnmower blenny and a Fire Shrimp. All are doing well already gonna feed them before i go home. Please hold for pictures. 1 more week.

The Vermiculate Female Leopard Wrasse came out to play while i was at best buy. Here are some pictures...

5021680750_b0540156b6_b.jpg

5021679396_fc6b73a206_b.jpg

5021072175_8aeec0e9ff_b.jpg

But the lawnmower blenny and fire shrimp were upset he was getting all the attention

5021073195_9ee5c0e2ea_b.jpg

Nice tank.
I love the leopard wrasse. We picked two of them up a while ago and they are both female at the moment. I'm hoping one turns into a male and we get a pair. Oh, also one only have one eye. No idea how that happened. She comes out and eats like a little piggy regardless. :D

Short Story:

My Mag 18 pump went down this weekend in my 40B with 20L sump (60 gallon total). Turns out the ceramic shaft in the middle of the impeller snapped in 2. It was made in 03' so it actually lasted a pretty long time. I figure that pump as it was necked down through a 1/2" flapper valve was pushing 600-700 gph and I had nice movement through my sump. In my attempts to fix my tank i installed a mag 7. I thought the flow was pathetic. I got hardly any water movement through my display tank or my sump with that pump pumping about 4'. So i repaired the MAG 18 and converted it to a MAG 12 with a smaller impeller. It's back up and running and looks great again.

Current Stock List:

Fish:
female vermiculite wrasse
male lyretail anthia
Royal gramma
Purple fire fish
banggai cardinal
lawnmower blenny
hectors goby
yellow watchmen goby
blue stripe pipe fish
yellow target mandarin