jlehigh's 280 Pic Blowout!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Absolutely remarkable. Great shots and the pink zoo mat is awesome. I would love to make a trip to see this in person, wow.

Last edited:
I'm glad folks are enjoying these. I certainly enjoy keeping the tank..

Dang, I'm glad the Gomezi is encrusting. It's a good grower so I'm sure you will have a colony in no-time with your growth rates.

Angelscrx said:
Absolutely remarkable. Great sgots and the pink zoo mat is awesome. I would love to make a trip to see this in person, wow.

Thanks Angelscrx! I have a cool starburst green Zoo colony starting to carpet another area too.. I was hoping my Blue zoo's would take to growing out faster, but they are coming along.. That's a long trip :) better line-up some of the truly great tanks like Dang's, and Mike's.

I saw Mojo's awesome set up this summer during the meeting at his house but I definitely have to find out when you guys are doing tours!

I thought I'd post a new tank shot. Things have started to settle down since the aquascape overhaul. Not a very good pic but it's new ;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

The Majestic is behaving a little too well.. I hoped he would help himself to some softies in my tank but he sticks with the blender mush and Nori I feed regularly. It was a very shy fish for the first 6-8 weeks. I fed Manilla clams for the first month to get him eating.

Thanks all and your welcome!
Dean you are welcome anytime..
Charlie Speaking of analyzing.. How about we start a discussion on DZB filtration and its many shortcomings. DZB = Deep Zoo Bed :D

Here are pics of mine plainly showing it as a nutrient sink:

PZB3.jpg

PZB1.jpg

PZB2.jpg

I just measured my Pink DZB. It's 18" Long, 2.5"-3" deep and 12" Wide at it's widest spot. I plopped a rock spack on top of it's right side otherwise it would be bigger. The last time I tried to scrape it back I scratched the heck out of the acrylic :( Plan B will be put into action soon :idea:

Last edited:
Looks like you better get Mojo involved on this one. Have you tried throwing a powerhead in there to see if you can break it up at all!
I'd hate to see what plan "B" is, but I have an idea.:eek:
You could cut it into chunks and sell it like Lasagna.

Last edited:
Hey Charlie, the problem isnt shipping... its extraction. I doubt the removed polyps are going to be survivable, but I'll let you know.

hehehe Interesting enough you can see allot of different fauna life in the lower layers of Zooanthids :)

Kate the lights are 3 400W MH in L3 reflectors. One 20K radium in the middle with 10K Coralvue Reeflux on the sides.

Interesting on the lighting, I am trying to decide what to get and those are low par bulbs but giving you great results. Will have to check out the reeflux specs...
Kate

I concatenated three pics to try and get a full tank shot the other night.. You can see the lines where one ends and another begins but its the closest thing to a tank shot I have as of late... Maybe I'll try one tonight with the lights on..

ActinicMerge1.jpg

Back