jlehigh's 280 Pic Blowout!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The tank is barely audible. Fish Only tanks are so simple.. The flow is delivered by a 1500gph external powerhead and the return pump on a rotating wavemaker.

that's nice dood because for a moment i thought you liked listening to the water while you were watching a movie :p

oh yes ,,looks very nice,,i start to like fish only tank myself after i chaged reef tank at the restaurant to fish only,,so much easier and a lot more peace of mind.

Thanks guys ;)

Dang: Your telling me!!! Talk about peace of mind.. A return pump and a powerhead.. No reactors, easy compatibility mapping, far less pest risk, far less financial commitment.. I spent 4 months planning the 280 and then 5months building/purchasing. By the time I was done i think I was out about 5 grand and countless hrs (enjoyable but time nonetheless) PLUS 200 per month in operational cost. This Fish Only took about 2hrs of planning, and 6 hrs to build and put together; all for about 800.00 and costs about 50.00 per month to maintain.. Granted all my SPS experience contributed greatly to building the Fish Only... It was like assembling a Model plane after building a jet liner ;)

Reed: The Eels are on there way soon :)

Back