June PSAS Picnic & Raffle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK so today I was in Gigharbor so I drove a little further. I walk into Ocean Reef and I see a blue thing that is soo bright it looks like a sponge. At a closer look it is a monti. I couldn't beleive it. the prices on that side of the water are super low for everything. I saw a sohal tang for 70ish, a vlamingi tang, a school of 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch blue tangs of 15 or so. Achiles tang for under 80 dollars that was medium sized.

When the monti was at the counter I asked mario what light it was there. He says just normal light and I look up at a regular home bulb. WOW, check this pic out of the coral still in the bag on the kitchen table.

bagbluemontismall.jpg

So I have to figure out if I want this under 10k or 14k. I have one on each side right now. Really dont want to kill it.

Here it is uder 10k.

bluemontismall.jpg

Looks very cool :) I'd go 14K or higher but thats just me, more color more color :)
Paul
Hey what was the shop like did he get the qaud skimmer back up running yet? Do they have the cold water display up yet? were the tanks all full of water or are they still working on rebuilding the stands for the one row of tanks?

Last edited:
all that needed to be done was finish a little plumbing and then fill with water on the one wall.

was that your first time over there brad? did you go to shark reef as well?
yes, much cheaper over there.

so brad, when we going to portland for some corals?:)

:idea: also, we received a box of assorted seachem additives, medias and a couple test kits as well

Mark this year I am ready for the trip to portland. 2 years ago I went to spokane with that crazy group of tacoma guys. (Marine Dreamer, and disturbed reefer)

I just had come from the place we had talked about a few days ago before the meeting and the prices were in the 3-4 times as much range.

Ok everyone, The picnic is right around the corner. Make sure you have it on all your calenders! JUNE 17

You could be walking home with a 120 gallon tank :shock:

We also have many more raffle items that we will be adding shortly! so keep checking back!

Free Food, two different raffles, Great people who all share the same passion.....What could be better??

When will the invite be going out? Or did it and I accidentally deleted it? I was trying to figure out what time it will start, so we can coordinate work schedules.

I will play some sort of game like football like we did last year. I need competition but I am only able to compete with kids.

Hello everyone, We have decided to open the summer season to everyone. If you are not a PSAS member you can attend our June, July or August events for $5 per event. Our membership year begins in September, and this seemed a fair way to handle the remainder of our season.

ALSO: Reminder, the club will be providing hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken breasts and drinks. We will also provide all paper products

Please plan a side dish type item to share.

We hope to have a big turn out! See you there!

Last year there was too much food. The $5 for summer meeting is a great idea. I hope people take advantage of it. I am hoping to see 100 people there. Mario better stock up.

Is there going to be a list of what people are bringing for sidedishes? Then those of us that will be can go from there or post what we will be bringing.

Paris

Good question Paris!

THere isn't a list, but it is potluck style like last year! We will have all the basics plus drinks so bring your favorite salad, side dish or dessert!

Back