Kannin's 225 w/ artificial rock wall & pillars

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You've done great work with this tank. The rock didn't purple up for ya but I have to admit that I like the color that it turned. Very natural looking.

You've done great work with this tank. The rock didn't purple up for ya but I have to admit that I like the color that it turned. Very natural looking.

Thanks. The rock is slowly turning purple in the areas with less light. I have come to realize the purple coralline likes less lit areas and actinic. I am going to add t-5 actinic supplementation very soon and I think that will be what it needs.

Here's the most recent shots...

100_2236.jpg

100_2239.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2243.jpg

So... I had an issue with my Bangaiis... One of them died. After the fourth clutch in five months... the male passed away. I went and got 3 new ones and she paired off with a new male right away. Today... just 7 days later, they're expecting. I hope may wife waits more than a week after I die bifore she gets knocked up again.

Do you think that having so many clutches in a row that maybe he was not getting to eat enough? Seems it would be hard to eat with a mouth full of eggs/babies.

Sorry about the loss!

The happy couple. The eggs were literally, falling out of his mouth. She ate most of them. I expect a fairly small clutch. The last one with the old male was over 50 babies.

100_2300.jpg

The happy couple. The eggs were literally, falling out of his mouth. She ate most of them. I expect a fairly small clutch. The last one with the old male was over 50 babies.

LOL sounds like she may be too much for the little guy to handle :oops:

WOW!

It took a while to read the complete thread. Your tank is fantastic !
I like the idea of using foam on the wall, but may i ask why you used rocks with it? Has anyone tried this before over a long range of time? What happens to it over 4-8 years ?

Thanks
Bob

Thanks for the compliment, Bob. I used mostly rock. I think it would lose realism if it was 100% foam. I only filled in the gaps with foam. The tank of the month on RC back in April or May used it. His tank is a 5 year old 1700 gallon tank and it is holding up fine.

He is a very cool fish. Always the first one to the food. Very nice except... he seems to love to mess with my biggest yellow tang. He gets the worst of it but, keeps coming back for more.

He is a very cool fish. Always the first one to the food. Very nice except... he seems to love to mess with my biggest yellow tang. He gets the worst of it but, keeps coming back for more.

You just described *Most* of my relationships hehe. Its the perfect fish for me! :)

Back