• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Karen's 205 gallon Continuous Overflow Box (COFB)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lol. You never know what we will figure out next. With Roy's monster and now Karen's upgrade I need to get planning. Can't let my neighbors out do me. Lmao

Reeffrontiers,

Here is a pic of the plumbing...

2-1.5" Primary Drains
2-1" Back Up Drains
2-3/4" Returns

You can't get Black sch 40 PVC and Spears fittings at Home Depot, only at CFI. Special run that I got in on! Jason

Absolutely beautiful!!

As always, Jason has build another work of art.

Kimberlee
I am wondering how you get to sleep at nite seeing this tank build and the anticipation of setting it up in your home.
Looking forward to your build thread.
Congrats

Nice i love the look of the black pvc. I was only able to find dark grey which worked out. This is going to be a beautiful tank

Pick up tomorrow !!! :cheer2: Could not be more excited :dance: Can't wait to meet Jason, get the most beautiful custom made dream tank, and make a stop at BarrierReef !

Knight, being a current owner of Jason's tanks, I know the emotion u r experiencing...u will love the tank

Karen, if u browse to Flickr: techwriter40's Photostream and then scroll to the very bottom of the page, u will see my build of my tank, starts with the hole cut out of the wall..couple of pics of Jason delivering the tank and setting up the tank

Yup...to see my tank click the webcams link under my signature...u will see a blueface, blue line, goldflake, flame angels and a blonde naso tang

Reeffrontiers, Well, Karen and her husband Doug, came to the shop to pick up their new tank. It was nice to finally meet them face to face. What a neat couple, felt like we had known each other for decades! They are excited for the new tank. I bet they have it filling before the night is over. Thank you guys for your business. I had a lot of fun building your dream tank. Here are a few last pic's, before it left the shop.

Side covers to hide the COFB.

Fish Containment covers to have 25 lb fishing line weaved through the holes like a tennis racquet.

A Front view.

Thank you, again and enjoy! Jason

How do you clean out the inside of the overflows? Looks deep!

Beautifully done man!:rockon:

The COFB covers are black, which helps cut down on stuff growing in there, but there is 4 nice sized access ports to get in there if need be. If a fish gets into the COFB area, I'd just unscrew the Primary drain stand pipes and give them a ride down to the sump. Best waterpark ride ever! :fencing:

Reeffrontiers, Well, Karen and her husband Doug, came to the shop to pick up their new tank. It was nice to finally meet them face to face. What a neat couple, felt like we had known each other for decades! They are excited for the new tank. I bet they have it filling before the night is over. Thank you guys for your business. I had a lot of fun building your dream tank. Here are a few last pic's, before it left the shop.

Side covers to hide the COFB.

Fish Containment covers to have 25 lb fishing line weaved through the holes like a tennis racquet.

A Front view.

Thank you, again and enjoy! Jason

Was nice to finally meet you as well. Thank you building us the most amazing and beautiful tank ! All the small details really make the tank , like the black sides to cover the plumbing . We will enjoy for many years.

How do you clean out the inside of the overflows? Looks deep!

Beautifully done man!:rockon:

I didn't know you were supposed to clean the overflow LOL. But if I needed to plenty of room. Easier than my current center overflow. And yes it is beautiful!

Back