Katrina's 90 gallon Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow - Katrina - things look so different through the view box. At least viewing through the box, you won't have to wipe nose prints off the front of the tank. LOL - how many hours have you logged looking from the top of the tank? :D I can't wait to see it for myself! We'll have to get sumphead to make one for me, too - then I won't hog yours :D

At least viewing through the box, you won't have to wipe nose prints off the front of the tank. LOL - how many hours have you logged looking from the top of the tank?

The glass is cleaner, but I think I might have a sunburn of the back of my neck :D

I really like this shot from the end of the tank

Very nice Katrina!! You've got some really nice stuff in there. Do you get all your colonies from premium?

Also I REALLY like the woodwork around your tank. Very, very nice. So why don't you post this stuff on the Indy forum? Maybe you have but I havent seen it. Also I have a question to ask you about dues.. Who do I send them to??

Chris

Thanks Chris--the majority of the sps came from PA or through local trades. I did buy a couple of ORA frags from Abyss.

I'll PM you about the dues.

Hi Nikki,

I have also seen some of your corals!!! Very nice too!! I live on the west side of indy. I noticed your also local to Indianapolis??

Take care,
Chris

Thought it was time to add some new pics. This is the new encrsting monti I got from PA today and a stag frag I got from Jeremy a few months ago.

And finally--a full tank shot and a shot of the millepora and monti cap in the center of the tank

That looks great Kat!! I love the purple/blue millepora!
How do you like the Seio?
I'm comtemplating adding one or two....
Nick

Thanks everyone. I do like the Seio Nick. It's only an 820, but it's perfect for that spot. I had greatly increased growth on one particular coral that got a lot of the extra flow. Thinking about adding a larger one going across the length of the tank.

Got that from Premium Aquatics, which is local for me. I think the polyps are orange, or not real bright, maybe light brown--still looks good.

thats cheating to have a good shop like premium Aquatics right buy where you live. Great prices.

Brad - you have no idea how awesome it is to be able to drive over to Premium Aquatics. The guys are great, and don't ever get sick of me hehehehe :D .

Katrina - looks awesome! I really like the encrusting monti. Don't forget to update about your new skimmer!

Oh, I was so excited about the new monti that I forgot about the skimmer :) I'm now running an ASM G-3 and I'm amazed at how much gunk it's pulling out. The turboflotor practically stopped skimming for almost 2 weeks, but it was weird because I didn't have any bad side effects. I installed the G-3 on Tuesday night and by the time I got home Wednesday night it was making nice, dirty foam.

Back