Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gaberella (as in Cinderella), as long as it has ...... Oh never mind, such a wide open shot too....

Thank you for keeping the thread PG guys ;) hehehe

I really like your set-up Krish. Very clean. It makes me wonder what a "Bohemian" inspired tank would look like..

Thank you for keeping the thread PG guys hehehe

I really like your set-up Krish. Very clean. It makes me wonder what a "Bohemian" inspired tank would look like..

Thanks man...I'm trying. I hope to add a few more pics this weekend. Not sure if my rock came but nevertheless, I will add the pics of my new sump set up.

Really Good

Just RG Ken...I thought you'd say VG!(LOL)

Here are some more pictures...

This is a full tank shot and the last shot before
the rest of the rock goes in. I'm picking up about 50lbs
in the morning and if it looks good enough, i'll add it. If
not, I'll order again

Sump after 2 extra baffles added

Skimmer side of sump connected to system
(wall finally painted(LOL))

Sump with just water flowing through it now

I hope to add more photos this weekend if I put the
rest of the rock in and if the tank clears up before Sunday
(as I am standing in a wedding and won't be able to add
anything after tomorrow) I hope you'll enjoyed the pictures
and thread so far...

Oh BTW, how much light would I need over my sump to keep a bit of chaeto in the center chamber if decide to go that route?

What a set up!! Ken, how did you refrain yourself!!(LOL)

Krish, it was hard.... LOL

LOL !!! i tell you guys, i say something and you guys go way way far ... gghheesh :D LOL!!!
you know i have a neighbour that has a chair that gives you a massage and vibrates ... get the wax out of your ears doods !!! so that's why i thought krish could have a bed or something in his new confy dog house:lol: :lol: .

Ken i'm sure you had a hard time posting that eh dood :D .

Now about the set up... wouu dood i think it's awesome !!!
i don't know how much lighting you need but i'm sure ken can help you a little .

ohh and boys this thread is read as EG (extremely good )

krish75 said:
Oh BTW, how much light would I need over my sump to keep a bit of chaeto in the center chamber if decide to go that route?

Not a whole lot Krish, 20 -40 wt flouresent, 75 -100 wt incandesant. I don't know what types of lights you have over there. I use 2 little coralife 50/50 bulbs, they screw in a regular lamp socket, and I know others that use 6500k bulbs from the hardware store.

Not a whole lot Krish, 20 -40 wt flouresent, 75 -100 wt incandesant. I don't know what types of lights you have over there. I use 2 little coralife 50/50 bulbs, they screw in a regular lamp socket, and I know others that use 6500k bulbs from the hardware store

Thanks Ken. We have pretty much any kind of light here.

I got some more rock and added it this weekend. It came out really nice after about 5 hrs of stacking and only another maybe 30lbs(LOL) I have a whole bunch of rock sitting out back which I didn't want to use. I have about 25lbs more LR coming in this week to try and finish up. As it stands, the 2 rock towers are now 3/4 of the way up the tank to the top. So just imagine for now, that it looks the same, just 2 stories higher. I will try and post some new pictures tonight...Still no computer yet.

Oh BTW, I flooded the place again(LOL). Gabby, I'm catching you up! My skimmer went hay wire from the new rocks and overflowed. My container that the skimmer drains into is 1/2 gal and it filled up and spilled over. Not too bad this time, but nevertheless I sill had a bunch of mopping to do(LOL)

Like I said, hopefully some new pictures tonight

Hey Krish I had a flood yesterday too. Saltwater and hardwood floors. Oh well I only have a girl friend and she doesnt live here, so at least there I dont have to worry about a mad spouse. LOL Come on with the pictures man.

LOL Come on with the pictures man.

LOL...Definately tonight. I had to remove a few of the smaller pieces of rock off of the two piles to make way for some bigger pieces first. I almost took down the whole tank and threw everything out in the road because I accidentally knocked over everything on one side trying to move things around and couldn't remember how to get it back to the way they were. I was so frustrated that my wife picked me up lunch and I threw it in the garbage(LOL another example of my OCD getting the best of me) I had to take out the camera and look back in the pictures to see how it was before. Nevertheless, I'm glad I stuck with it though, because how it looked before adding the new rock, is a joke to how it looks now...It relly looks nice IMO. I don't think I really want to add too much more rock to make it look junky, but I do want a few more lbs in there for biological/denitrification purposes so, i'llhave to see when the other set of rocks get here how I can work it.

Ken, I thought about the light thingy again about which one to use and I just really realised that you said about 20-40 watt flourescent. Does that mean that chaeto needs about 4 watts per gallon to grow or does it not really matter once you have atleast some lighting over it? My sump only holds about 15-18 gallons of water and where I would keep the cheato, it would be in the center chamber which probably holds about 5-7 gallons of water. Do I still need that much wattage? It's not a problem however much I need, I just want to make sure I don't/can't overdue it...

Here are the new pictures. The rockwork
is now about 30lbs heavier than they previously
were. The pictures came out pretty clear, but it
doesn't really show how big they really are.
They are now about 3/4 of the way up.
I plan to add hopefully another 25lbs or so
Friday if the rest of the rocks come.

its looks really nice dood , but where are the rocks?

They're there(LOL) I should have done a full tank shot so you could see the difference. My wife changed some settings in the camera for the wedding which made them come out odd and streched. Anyway, it's an idea. My wife and my friend who has seen it so far since the newly added rock noticed the difference right away in height and thickness. I'll have to get the camera back to the way it was before and take some more shots. I may wait until Friday and just do a shot of the finished rockwork if the rest of the rock comes...Sorry for the shabby pics

Let's try this one where you can see the water level a bit

Last edited:
Not much better:doubt: Aw well, next time hopefully better shots. Some of the smaller pieces were replaced with larger pieces and I'm contemplatng a bridge to connect the two at the top. We'll see...

Back