Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That looks good Krish. All I use on mine is a 10-watt 6500K CF bulb; and the Chaeto seems to love it. With Chaeto it's best to run it opposite what your tank runs to balance the pH. If you ever add Caulerpa algae then you'll want to run the light 24 hours to ensure it never enters a reproduction cycle (not good).

Clayton

Thanks Clay. I don't think I'll ever fool with cauerpa for the simple fact that we have constant power outtages here. Chaeto so far is the way I'm going...

I have chaeto growing under two 65 watt CF bulbs. I leave it one 24/7. Havent really noticed a big diff in PH but I drip kalk. Now if your wanting the convinence of a 75 and the ability to reach the bottom flat footed I would go with it. I know this is the other post but I answered the other one before I read you had trouble with the height on the 90.
If it makes you feel better I have a 90 in wall customer that has a 8" wide frame around the top of both sides of the tank and its 24" deep. And it is 36" up from the floor in the wall. It looks really neat. It is just a total Maureen Dowd to work on.

Thanks Steve...I would like to reach bottom, but lifting the canopy to achieve it isn't a big deal. I've always heard that a 75gal was the ideal tank (dimension wise) and before I went all out and too far with my setup, I figured now would be the time to do it seeing I have a brand new one available on hand. I'll keep the 90 though and borrow the wife's high-heels!(LOL JK)

Hey now Krish, you're beginning to sound like Ken. Do they happen to be pink?

ROFLMAO! No they're white(LOL)

Well after almost taking down my tank last night after spending 5 hours trying to add the new rocks and getting totally frustrated (I won't go into detail) I finally got it all together. The two towers, I had to do away with them(Sorry Steve(LOL)) It was just too perfect that it didn't look natural. Infact, I got them within 3/4 of an inch from the water level and exactly the same size. I will post the photos tomorrow of the tank (@ almost 100lbs of LR) and my fuge all set up and running. Everthing seems to be good enough for me...

Now if your feeling really really froggy, you could make one tall tower, one 2/3rds as tall and work a bridge into the top of one and 1/3rd of the way down on the tall one. It would look like a castle. LOL
I just said this because I know your ocd and will spend hours thinking on it. LOL
Steve

ocd and will spend hours thinking on it. LOL

LOL...It wasn't funny last night. I wasn't going to post this because you'll may think I was a bit "looney", but my OCD is really bad...When I say bad, I mean bad. I don't know if it was mental exhaustion or what, but I threw up twice last night...No joke. That's why my wife wanted me to get rid of the tank. I'm like that with a lot of things though, not just the tank. I hope my dinner was worth it(LOL) I can laugh about it now. Pictures will be posted tomorrow...

ohhh Krish :( .
Well dood i think you are not looney i think you are a kewl guy and funny when it comes to toilet talk :D.
and seriously i think this OCD is a special gift because so far evertying you have built is awesome.

Yeah man, Perfectionism is just another word for dedicated.
Success is not measured in what you do compared to another person. It is what you do compared to the best you can do.

Thanks Gabby and Steve. Maybe you'll could talk to my wife and tell her that I ain't looney(LOL) So far everyone who has seen the tank loves it. Either they do like it or are afraid to tell me and have me rip it all down and start over(LOL) You'll could be the judge tomorrow...

Oh, I almost forgot. I took out the canister filter and put on a brand new emperor 280 powerfilter I had sitting around to run some charcoal in. I need the extra space in my stand for an external pump to do a closed loop. We'll see how it goes.

Well we can say your a Perfect Loon! :D Just messin. It's actually good for the rest of us. We can feed off your imagination to help us develop OCD and try to mimic your ideas and swear alot more in the process. I get all my idea's from here. You are at the top of my intrest list. Whether you like it or not, everyone else thinks your ideas a cool. You'll find a set up that makes you happy, and in the long run you maybe better off for it. Stay with it and ADD those pics will ya! I have been pacing for hours.

LOL Detri...Here they are. This is also my pics of my/sump/
fuge with a few pieces of LR...No chaeto in there yet

Last edited:
Here is the rock layout. Total of about 100lbs
and 4in from the water level. I have equal space infront
and behind the rocks.

Last edited:
Krish man! You have out done yourself!! That is a great looking set up. I am VERY impressed. Think I can fit 100lbs of Rock in my 30g? hehe

ohh doood you always leave me without words .. darn it !!! :D
that's really really awesome how it's coming along, i don't know if i missed it but how much live rock did you put in your fuge/sump?
i really really like what you did in the tank now i see a big difference, man why don't you live closer dood, i gonna try doing that aquascape tomorrow but i doubt i'll get somewhere :p .

LOL Gabby. The sump doesn't have much LR in it. Maybe 5-10lbs. I just have it in there for an algae like probably chaeto to grow on. I haven't gotten any chaeto yet, but soon. My next step for my tank is adding the flow. Still working on a few options and hopefully I can get the ball rolling on that this coming week.

Back