Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i know this goes way back... but i've never looked thru this post before.

but in this picture you posted, what kind of rock is this? I would really like get something like that for my tank

Hey man...That actually I believe is man made. It is one of the many tanks in one of the hotels here (Atlantis). I don't think it provides any filtration for that tank. I'm pretty sure everything (filtration wise) is hidden away. :)

I will finally have a few pictures for you guys later on tonight. We went deep sea fishing today using an electric reel and I took a few pics. Will post them later. :)

K...Just a few shots from today. My cousin got a new electric reel that we were testing out. We were fishing mostly in 600-900ft of water. It's crazy, but you don't have to go far off of land (like 2 miles if that) to be in the ocean (6,000 ft). These pics were taken with my iphone so quality may not be the greatest.

The electric rod.

ib9ydu.jpg

Depth Finder

9fml8g.jpg

Queen Snapper

nfh3ja.jpg

Red Snapper

Silky Snapper (sorry bad angle)

2lctjsz.jpg

That's all for now. Just a few pics. :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Summer is coming and I have an underwater camera now so I will be getting some underwater reef shots. As it stands, the water is just too cold for me right now :lol:

I just spent the morning going through this whloe thread and jealousy would be the understatement of the year. How lucky you are to be in such an amazing place. I haven't seen sand since august. I'll run outside and take a pic of my backyard. If you ever want to swap for a month or two let me know. Right now its it's a sunny 7 degrees and the snow is about 4 feet deep.
IMAG0546b.jpg

I just spent the morning going through this whloe thread and jealousy would be the understatement of the year. How lucky you are to be in such an amazing place. I haven't seen sand since august. I'll run outside and take a pic of my backyard. If you ever want to swap for a month or two let me know. Right now its it's a sunny 7 degrees and the snow is about 4 feet deep.
IMAG0546b.jpg

Ouch!! :eek: I think I'll stay right where I am where it is in the mid 80's today :p

Hope to have some good photos for you guys tomorrow! :D We are going Mutton Fishing" in the morning. It can get quite interesting sometimes because sharks usually take 50% of your fish so it's usually a case of how quickly can you pull them in. We will be fishing on the edge of the ocean using hand lines (not rods) so you have to wear gloves and tape up your fingers so that the line doesn't rip through your fingers especially if a shark grabs it! Just for some info, the bait we normally use for mutton snapper is what we call "goggle eye" and we typically use about an 80lb test line. I won't be able to do much fishing because of my back, but will be snapping photos. :)

Here is a photo of what happened last week when my cousin went fishing. A shark got to his dolphin before he could get it in the boat. Usually in a case like this, the shark would be a mako! :eek:

And here is a mutton snapper my little cousin caught last year to give you an idea of the general size you catch and how they look

2lup406.jpg

Last edited:
Well we brought one fish home. Sharks took everything. Didn't get to see any of them but you can feel it when they grab your fish. One thing I tried to get a picture of that didn't come out was a barracuda (probably about 3 feet long) come up to the boat and take a moray eel off of my line. I was pulling up the line because I had something on it and saw a dark shadow hit my line and then it got slack again. Thought it was a shark until I got the moray to the boat and the bottom half of it was gone and the barracuda came to the surface. I passed the line to my cousin and told him to let me grab the camera because I wanted to get a shot of the barracuda taking the rest of the eel, but by the time I got the camera read to shoot, the barracuda took the whole eel and popped the line. :eek: So one fish after burning probably $500 worth of fuel :lol:

hmmmm doesn't sound like a place to fall overboard...

I wanted to go over to take some photos with my underwater camera, but the current was way too strong to chance it. It was crazy!! We were fishing in 60-80ft of water according to the depth the finder. The crazy thing is we were on the edge of the ocean so you'd have 80ft of water on one side of the boat and about 10ft off of the boat on the other side, you were @ 5,000 ft. Don't want to get swept out there!! :eek: :lol:

Going to bump this thread up a bit later tonight with some new pics. I spent the day at Blue Lagoon Island for my little girls 5th birthday party and snapped a few shots. Will post them later. :)

As promised. Here are some photos of blue lagoon island. It's a 15 minute ferry ride. You spend the day there, have lunch, they have dolphin encounters where you swim with the dolphins, sea lions, water activites and yadda yadda yadda. This is more of a series of pictures of stuff to do here. Not too many marine life pics, but some. This is mainly for you Seth!

Here we go...

Yes...Aiptasia or majano LOL!!!

Sea anemone and star fish

Conch and chitton/curb

Holding/petting tank they were in

Sea lion

Barracuda scoping out the little fishies LOL!!

A few surgeon fish, tangs and sargeant majors in the dolphins lagoon

Give me 2 minutes to upload more...

Last edited:
Back