Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

More of the Exuma Cays

Wild pigs that come out of the bush to swim with you.

5v5af4.jpg

Exuma has some of the nicest cays!

k04y6g.jpg

Wild nurse sharks coming to feed off of scraps thrown to them. This is at the dock

mm3kp.jpg

Look in the background LOL (no it's not me). On one of our Exuma trips, my cousin Duane dropped one of the dolphin's we caught over board (fish not mammal) and a black tip reef shark was swimming in circles because we were cleaning fish at the dock so he says watch the shark and jumped in and brought up the dolphin LOL! He usually only goes spearing if I'm going because both of us will jump in the water anywhere!

ta5umf.jpg

My cousin Duane and Logan feeding the wild Iguana's

237913.jpg

Dolphin is one of the names of mahi-mahi. and there is no limit in the bahamas. at least when i was there, their wasn't.

Dolphin is one of the names of mahi-mahi. and there is no limit in the bahamas. at least when i was there, their wasn't.

Nope...No limit! When we went on the last trip, from about 9:00 am till about noon, we caught over 40 dolphin's. It was nuts! We pulled some small ones in by hand as well with just a hand line LOL

And some more of Cat Island and Half Moon Cay

Conch salad! Natural afrodesiac for those that need the help!

34xl3mb.jpg

Typical of the islands here with the shallow water. At low tide, you usually have a lot of banks emerging. A friend of mine had to stay on the bach until 9:00pm last Sunday because he pulled up the the beach, anchored and tide went out enough in just 30 mins that the boat was sitting on the beach. He had to wait until tide came up and the boat started floating again to get home LOL

ajxniv.jpg

Cannon from the Pirate ship bar

2hwimat.jpg

Cruise anchored out to sea

wwess2.jpg

15rxod1.jpg

Horse rides in the ocean

jqpaav.jpg

The Cay from the plane. Not very big

343kco4.jpg

Still more to come soon.

Last edited:
Last few for the night taken by friend again...

Spanish Wells

a5cfom.jpg

Wild sharks feeding at the dock in Exuma

vdzfd3.jpg

Wild dolphins swimming by the boat. It isn't common to see this here

2vv0x87.jpg

Exuma

27y0gsn.jpg

My friend tossing his sister off of the bridge in Spanish Wells

s2vcbq.jpg

Wild goat in Spanish Wells looking for handouts

2cwldet.jpg

Some of the best sunsets here

ibyiok.jpg

i don't like sea food... but conch salad yummy!! ok thats a little girly but its good. conch, lime, onion, orange, green peper i belive. oh yeah!

Don't forget the tomato, salt and the red pepper!! :D. I don't eat conch at all, but I love herb salad. It's conch salad without the conch :p

Lol. Man I wish conch salad could be Mailed... Along with kalik (sp) and fire in d' hole... Best ever.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

My wife and I are planning on takeing a carabian cruze when we get out of debt. As our we did it, me personally I would rather send the whole time in the Bahamas.

Heck yeah! I find it amusing that your goverment is mocked after the british system. And you can apeal to the british prime minister. But your economy and outlets are same same with us.

Heck yeah! I find it amusing that your goverment is mocked after the british system. And you can apeal to the british prime minister. But your economy and outlets are same same with us.

Well, we were under the British rule until the 1970's when the Bahamas became an independent country, but we still have ties with them.

You do live in a beautiful part of the world :cool:

Thanks! It has it's perks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K...Here are a few moer pics. Some of mine and some taken by my cousin and a good friend.

Some dolphin from one of our trips in Exuma

33us9kw.jpg

59ttu8.jpg

Another shot of typical low tide. This time in Exuma

141tbih.jpg

One of the dock

2arig2.jpg

Some Hogfish, groupers and crawfish my friend Keith caught one day

n4uxhg.jpg

Some dolphin, groupers, red snappers, and yellowfin tuna

1627ip0.jpg

A few more...

Conch, crabs and tings LOL

15db2ap.jpg

Wish it was me, but my buddy Keith snagged this Marlin and they put the camera of speed shoot and got him jumping out of the water. This is almost any fisherman's dream. To catch and land a marlin which is actually the national fish of the Bahamas.

jhsx01.jpg

They have a bunch of fishing contests throughout the year with different themes from anything like largest dolphin, most mackerel, biggest tuna etc. Here's a shot of some of the boats fishing at one of these events. Crazy how they don't run over each others lines

33v2cy0.jpg

A few mackerel

vyg5y.jpg

WOW! Super Cool Krish... very jealous... love to fish... especially warm-water fish on light lines, may have to save up some miles and come visit you!

Cheers, Todd

WOW! Super Cool Krish... very jealous... love to fish... especially warm-water fish on light lines, may have to save up some miles and come visit you!

Cheers, Todd

That's sounds good Todd! I know you are the salmon fisherman here. Time to pull in some big fish!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back