Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's some full shots so you can see everything together. I added a few more gorgonian frags in ther as well. All I need is some fish so the next set of pics may be of me fish hunting again:)!

That is a great pic of the anemone. I like how it really jumps out of the pic at you. I will be waiting for you to send me one now. :p

ROFL! I wish he was like the first one I had...It was white with pink tips in my first ever saltwater tank. I may have to find one soon:)

Here are 2 accurate color photos of the anemone and zoos:)

All I got say is you're one luck &#$#@*# to be able to go out to the back yard and grab stuff like that for you tank.. :)

Thanks and yes...It is nice:D I put back the anemone this morning at high tide. He was throwing over rocks and stinging my corals:shock:

"Insert Queen music here" I want to be free......I want to be Freeee. LOL the anemone was trying to tell you something. I guess it didn't want to live in the lap of luxury. ;)

Your tank looks great! I love gorgonians...
I am in Hawaii visiting for a week, it's really cool. Went snorkeling yesterday and saw very little coral, what I did see was physically damaged probably by tourists' feet. But the fish were everywhere. Naso tangs with long streamers, they looked 2 feet long and an even bigger parrotfish, schools of convict tangs, christmas wrasses, blennies, spotted puffers, a goatfish, it was really cool. Couldn't ID some of them including a tang that was mostly lavender with a magenta edge. Today we go again to another spot where there should be more fish. Got a rockin sunburn including on my scalp where my hair parts so we are going to buy rashguards to keep the sun off. I think I am going to end up living here a little while, I actually like the foliage more than the water which is odd, but after seeing our sanitized clean clear "reefs" in a box I think it's like the difference between a hike in the jungle and a Japanese garden, our aquariums are another thing entirely from nature. Love the jungle too though.
So yeah, guess it's going to be a while till we make it to the Bahamas! Keep up the good work, love the green zoanthids and anemone with the purple gorgonians. That anemone kind of looks like a really high color ricordea to me but it's hard to tell. Either way is great!
Kate
Oly WA?

Here is the translation for you Krish. The Order of Discalced (barefooted) Carmelites.
That is correct. You familiar with it or did you look it up?

Sounds like fun Kate! That green carpet was ID'd on my cube's thread as a Florida ricordia and I think "wentreefgirl" is right. I googled it and looks exactly the same! Have fun and don't get too much sun;)

I took Emily out for some fresh air today:rolleyes: (LOL) and was able to snap 3 shots of some zoos in a puddle. If you look good you can see a few above water level exposed to air all closed up. I didn't get anything for me, but got these pics:)

Back