Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just got back this afternoon from a small vacation to Spanish Wells, Eleuthera and thought I'd post a few pictures :)

The first one was kinda funny. Some idiot must not have been paying attention to where he was going and ran up on a sand bar and had to wait for the tide to come up and lift him off (LOL)

This was one of a few old gun a friend had on their piece of property probably from "back in the day"

Local snake blocking the road

Emily's favorite flower

Family Picture

Sorry no fish pics!! It was pretty windy the majority of the time we were there so the water wasn't the best for snorkeling. We did catch a baby barracuda off of the dock, but didn't have the camera around to take the pic so maybe next time. We let him go anyways :)

Nice pics, looks like a beautiful day compared to weather in my parts. Wow, just look at your girl, she's a doll....

Man looks like it was beautiful out there, that ol cannon is cool a piece of history.

Now who is the lucky sob that gets to go on all of these trips with your family & take these pictures LOL, I want his job!

LOL!!! Thanks Ken and Scooty! :) Ken the weather was really nice there. Very relaxing!! And Scooty...I don't know who that guy is who goes on vacation with my family, but he's pushing it! :mad: :lol:

Ahhh Krish man I'm so jelous right now. I wish we have sun like that here in this rainy NW. Here it is almost mid june and still raining like nobody's business!!!

Good lord Krish, she's growing like a weed!!!!! Looks like you folks had a good time, by the way, what was that bright thing in the sky???

Hmmm...Probably the sun :p Thanks Charlie! :)

nice pictures Khris,,after look at those pics ,,home sick again,,your daughter sure growing wow!!

Thanks Dang! :) Yeah, I can imagine how much you miss home

Ahhh Krish man I'm so jelous right now. I wish we have sun like that here in this rainy NW. Here it is almost mid june and still raining like nobody's business!!!

LOL! Bummer man...Don't feel too bad though. Hurricane season is basically here. There was already one named tropical storm already so we will probably have many rainy and windy days ahead. The expect this to be a very active hurricane season :rolleyes:

oohh heck yeah :(....when is this gonna stop :p.

LOL! Bummer man...Don't feel too bad though. Hurricane season is basically here. There was already one named tropical storm already so we will probably have many rainy and windy days ahead. The expect this to be a very active hurricane season

ouch, good luck with hurricane season :doubt:

Hmmm...Probably the sun :p Thanks Charlie! :)

so we will probably have many rainy and windy days ahead.

At least it is a warm wind and rain :shock: we have been struggling to get out of the low 50's, still down into the 40's overnight:cry:. The only reason I know it is not still winter is the photoperiod is longer:badgrin:.

Nice pictures Krish! I visited both Spanish Wells and Eleuthra when I was down there in 2001. There is definately some interesting history behind Spanish Wells! I also found it interesting that the nearest landing point on Eleuthra from Spanish Wells (dry community) had a bar almost on the dock. It even appeared that at low tide one almost could walk there!

Yeah, it's crazy there! I walked out one day to where you could hardly tell who you were looking at on the beach and the water was still only waste high :lol: Very relaxing place though. I have quite a few friends from there so it's nice to pop down there to hang out a bit...And to hear them talk with their funny accent :p

At least it is a warm wind and rain we have been struggling to get out of the low 50's, still down into the 40's overnight. The only reason I know it is not still winter is the photoperiod is longer.

LMAO!!!:lol::lol:

LOL! Come! You'll enjoy it! :D

Man, your post brings back memory. It's a great place to see. We were there 3 years ago...

img1316mg7.jpg

img1303jb8.jpg

img1273ab0.jpg

Thought I'd add a small update.

Didn't go out much at all this summer in the boat. You know how every summer it is one thing or the other with me from man-o-wars to fire coral :rolleyes: Well this summer, went out in my cousins new boat and just when we were getting ready to leave, I was swimming away from the boat to shore to get Emily and when I kicked my foot, I hit the boats prop and split open one of my toes :oops: I ended up in the ER, got 1 tetanus shot in the arm, 6 shot's inside of the cut to numb the toe and 5 sutures (stitches) which I had in there for 2 weeks. :doubt: All is well now though and I guess could have been worse.

As for any photos, not sure if any of you heard about this, but a shark jumped out of one of the saltwater tanks @ Atlantis and went down the slide (good thing no-one was coming down it :eek: ) and ended up in a chlorine pool. The shark didn't make it :doubt: Here are a few of the not so graphic photos.

This is where the shark jumped from (photos weren't taken by me)

Last edited:
Back