Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL!!! well i have seen pictures of the xm's but i don't think that counts :p.
i do like my Hamiltons because of the blueish color.... so i guess i'm just mixed :p .

It's not so much the manufacture but the kelvin of the bulb. 10k, 12k, 14k, 15k, 20k. Higher the K value the more blue the bulb will be.

But one 12k bulb from one manfacture might be a little different from others. It's all a little skewed so..... I guess your right in line Gaby. :rolleyes:

:)....

This is maybe the 5th time I posted this here, but check this out. Can you tell any difference here?? This was on my old 75gal. After the bulb burned in, it still remained the same and the 12K Reeflux was almost identical to the 20K XM :eek:

But one 12k bulb from one manfacture might be a little different from others. It's all a little skewed so..... I guess your right in line Gaby. :rolleyes:

Oh I agree, Krish.. One manufactures 12k is going to be different than the other. the real question would be which one is has a more acturate rating. Who knows, go with what looks good, right.

I was just giving Gaby a hard time with her comment and wondering if you have tired the 15k flavor in your experimentation.

yeah i gree they look the same , but how about comparing it with a hamilton because in that one you're just compairing the xms :D .

I was just giving Gaby a hard time with her comment

you think :p :D ..... just kidding.

Yeah, I think Krish needs to do a full on light experimentation. Heck he should have enough bulbs by now.. LOL.. :)

i think people are gonna start calling his home the light house :p :D ... but yeah i think it'd be kewl to see if there's any difference with the xm and the hamiltons :D ...just to make sure we're not missing on anything :p

LOL! Hopefully I'll have my bulb today:D I have a link saved on my computer home with a bulb comparison showing a tank with different bulbs so you can see the spectrum difference:)

Nice tank man, like the cube idea, almost wish I had one of the aquapods!

Thank man...It is getting there.:) I know you didn't get to read through all the chit chat:p but all of my corals are local. I harvested broken off pieces etc and set them up in my tank. Really cool...Here's a thread you may enjoy if you haven't seen it already. It's got tons of pictures of wild stuff here in the Bahamas I've taken as well as Atlantis and all of their tanks which is insane! :eek:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15653

there a slight difference betwwen the two but its very very hard to see the difference. Interesting, i thought they would have been more noticeable than that.

Just saw this... you have a room available? Crying babies aren't an issue, I have one too. You give me a place to sleep, I'll buy dinner every night.

You're set then! I have a baby as well, but mine doesn't sleep straight through like yours yet though, so can you handle a crying baby again?:p Speaking of babies...We were changing Emily's diaper this morning and my wife was down that end and I was up by her head talking to her and I saw her face turning red so I started to giggle because I knew what was coming :badgrin: and then squish!!!!:lol: Poop went everywhere! All over my wife's hand, the changing table and the side of the dresser:lol:

BTW, my pendant and bulb is supposedly on the Island so hopefully I'll have some shots of it mounted later:)

We were changing Emily's diaper this morning and my wife was down that end and I was up by her head talking to her and I saw her face turning red so I started to giggle because I knew what was coming :badgrin: and then squish!!!!:lol: Poop went everywhere! All over my wife's hand, the changing table and the side of the dresser:lol:

You didn't warn her? That's mean. Well I probably would have done the same. :D You know what they say about pay backs, their are a B#@$H.. Keep your eyes open, she'll be looking for some way to get you back.

LMBO!! that's hylarious dood :lol: , guess what.. Olivia has pooped on my pants while feeding and i dont' knwo how to tell when she's about to do it because sometimes is a fart and sometimes isn't :p.

ROFL!! That was classic!:p I figured since Emily pee'd on her last night, why stop there:lol:

About my lights...They are on the truck out to be delivered to me so I should have up some pics tonight finally:D

Yahoo! K...I got my pendant and 14K bulb. Very nice piece. I will mount it when I get home and fire it up! Hopefully the bulb is fine from shipping (I always fear that) so you guys can check out pics later:)

Back