Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I had to chop out some more lobophora which caused me to lose some rock and one of my big ones became 2 so I re-aquascaped a bit and re-glued a few corals. I will post some pics when the tank settles.:)

Oh yeah...I went back to 1 single nozzle coming out each bulkhead for the new rockwork and OMG! :eek: Can you say...Tsunami! :D

Here are the new shots. This lobophora is killing me! I need to find another way to get rid of it rather than chop my rock.

Anyways, I love this rockwork even better than before. Imageshack started freaking out so here's a full shot and some attachments:)

Krish, it looks real nice, but I'd like to remind you what stability can do for you. You're going to have to learn a whole new level of patience here. Constant moving and re-aquascaping will stress your corals. I've had corals lose color simply by moving them in the tank, even without changing anything else (flow, etc.)

STOP MOVING YOUR ROCKS AND CORALS! :p

LOL! Thanks man...But I had no choice. I've been trying to get rid of this nuicance lobophora from since I had my 75gal and every so often, I have to take out the rocks that grow it back, and use a hammer and chisel to try and remove it. I thought I had it all the other day, but it came back. I got rid of some more, but still have some left on a few rocks which I'm hoping won't spread to the others, but we'll see. As for these corals, they're like mutts!:p They stick out of the water all the time in the wild which is why I don't mind as much with moving them around. If they were more sensitive corals, then I'd have a problem, but I agree, I still shouldn't move them...I'm going to leave them alone for a while now and see what this lobophora does. I need to do a bit more research and see if there are any critters that will eat it:)

Just a small update...I ordered a Tunze wave box for my cube........SIKE:p No, but seriously, I may be re-building my stand and canopy to something a lot nicer and more detailed. I have a few ideas on how I want it done, but it won't be one of my 1 day knockouts because I have a little one to take care of now at home, so it will be something I will pick at while I have free time at work:)

I like it better this way to be honest the only thing that i don't like is taht the tang has no where to hide. But it doesn't look like it would need to run and hide.

Looks good again.... At some point your going to have to stop playing with it. It's one thing after another... But it does look good..

Krish changes his tank like gabby changes her underwear........... every other week :lol:

I'm sorry Gabby it was my first reall rip on somebody here at RF

ROFL!Thanks on the compliment James and I know I need to stop messing with it. Wrong hobby for OCD:p

Nick...Not sure what I will replace him with yet. I need some small fish that are strng swimmers:p

That's what I always wanted...Remember my picture I posted here of the one I caught for my tank that was crushed by my wife's little cousin? That was for the tank and the tang would have come out then. I don't want to get rid of tht tang though...I really like him. I'm almost tempted to go bigger again just to keep him, but my wife would kill me:p

Krish changes his tank like gabby changes her underwear........... every other week

I'm sorry Gabby it was my first reall rip on somebody here at RF

that's kind i usually change them every month :shock: :lol: .

It's ok dood you're getting there :D :lol:

Krish just get the 100 gal tank and call it a day :p

Back