Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nashes teeth,turns green with envy **** good on ya dude, a fantastic start and sure to be a stellar finish keep the pics coming. oh and i wondered is that notch in the tank for the 2x4 gonna be hard to clean around???laters man

Thanks man! I hope it turns out great, but I'm pretty sure it will:) Now witch notch are you talking about in the tank for the 2x4?(LOL) I hope they don't notch my tank!! :shock: You'll get to see the tank this up coming week and it will fall all into place:D

Are you gonna stain it also? the 2x4?

Maui

ROFL! What doesn't have formica, will have stain! Fish included:p

Finally some pics!!! I got my order today and now the only thing I'm missing is the 3/4 bulkheads for the closed loop (which is on backorder, but hopefully will have this week) the tank, the sump and the pvc bits and pieces.

Here is a picture of the pump I will be using for the closed loop. It is a Quiet One 6000 (1502 gph)

My new TLF Phosban reactor (I got tired of the old stupid one with all the screws)

Some bulkheads and lockline. Like I've said before, just waiting on the 3/4 bulkheads for the closed loop. I will need 4 for what I plan to do

The new 250w single PFO ballast and 12k reeflux bulb

New PFO reflector mounted in canopy

And some shots of the canopy with the vents installed (not the fans yet) and how the reflector looks with the canopy doors open

I assume the 2x4 is in the shop getting stained or formica put on it? :lol:
Just ribbin ya.
Looks like your gonna be sniffin glue here pretty quick.

Hey Krish cool Parts man, I want you to post up on those ball valves later after their running a while I want to know if it is worth the extra money.

Krish... Send me your old TLF reactor.. I want to run carbon in it.... I'll send ya a check for the postage...

I assume the 2x4 is in the shop getting stained or formica put on it?
Just ribbin ya.
Looks like your gonna be sniffin glue here pretty quick.

LOL...I'm still trying to figure out which 2x4 you are talking about(LOL) You don't mean that little leg I had holding up the canopy in a few pics huh? If so, that won't be there at all. That was just there for the picture. The tank will hold up the canopy on that side. If it is another 2x4 you are talking about, then you must have been sniffing the glue lately:lol:

Hey Krish cool Parts man, I want you to post up on those ball valves later after their running a while I want to know if it is worth the extra money.

No problem man...I think they will work great! I love their quality:)

Krish... Send me your old TLF reactor.. I want to run carbon in it.... I'll send ya a check for the postage...

LOL...Man I'll find out if my friend I promised it to still wants it and if not, when I go to Ft Lauderdale on Saturday, I'll UPS it to you:) You don't have to pay me a dime for it neither for shipping it. I'll find out from my friend tomorrow and let you know:)

Hey Krish.. I have been doing a lot of looking at fans latly. Since I run 12vdc fans, typically 80mm computer case fans, I find there longevity in a hood is pretty short, they dont move a whole lot of air and can be noisey if they do. I am going to get some 120mm fans that move alot more air for the same amount of sound produced. You may want to look into using slightly bigger fans, move a lot more air, and can even be slowed down to move the same air as an 80mm fan but almost silent....

Hey Krish.. I have been doing a lot of looking at fans latly. Since I run 12vdc fans, typically 80mm computer case fans, I find there longevity in a hood is pretty short, they dont move a whole lot of air and can be noisey if they do. I am going to get some 120mm fans that move alot more air for the same amount of sound produced. You may want to look into using slightly bigger fans, move a lot more air, and can even be slowed down to move the same air as an 80mm fan but almost silent....

Yeah...I wished I could have gotten more info on the fans I'm using (which comes from our supplier), but you can hardly hear them at all. If you came into the room, you wouldn't know they were on and I have 5 running on my 75gal! On this new tank though, I'm not sure how many I will run. I'm going to have this huge chiller connected to this little tank so I may not need as many fans, but definately I will be using the (2) 5 inch fans from the 75 gal on the sides. I'm still contemplating using the 3 inch fans as exhausts. They are all working perfectly now on my 75gal:)

Here's a picture of the vents before I put them on:)

Yea I have been looking at a lot of fan specs lately.... lots of CFM at low db... Thats what it's all about....

Hey dood don't forget to ship me your Seios and ..... hmm yeah i'll send you the check hmm..... later .... hmmm :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I think it's gonna look really kewl dood in fact if i was you i'd keep both tanks :p ..... what the heck the other one is already running why bothering breaking it all apart :p.

really great krish, i rush home every day to see what youve done,am a little sad about the stick . ps let me know how quiet your Quiet One is, ive got the same one for my cl, cant hear the motor but the impeller sounds like a truck going up hill. oh yeah more pics please and i want to motion a 24 hour web cam be installed for the folks back home.WEB CAM WEB CAM WEB CAM

Lookin good Krish! Those TLF Reactors are good for just about anything hahaha....I know a guy that modified his to be a calcium reator for his Nano SPS tank. I am going to try it out, If done right it is just as effective as the Shuran Pico.

Can't wait to see this opne up and running!

Scooterman said:

I have the same ball valves, been running them since February.

Hey have you shipped that reactor yet??

ROFL! I'll pm you today when I talk to my friend who was supposed to get it and if he doesn't want it, it's yours...Free of charge:)

Hey dood don't forget to ship me your Seios and ..... hmm yeah i'll send you the check hmm..... later .... hmmm .
I think it's gonna look really kewl dood in fact if i was you i'd keep both tanks ..... what the heck the other one is already running why bothering breaking it all apart .

LOL...I'll send you the 75gal. How about that?(LOL) You think it is a pain for you to do a 3 gal water change a week, try this one:p

really great krish, i rush home every day to see what youve done,am a little sad about the stick . ps let me know how quiet your Quiet One is, ive got the same one for my cl, cant hear the motor but the impeller sounds like a truck going up hill. oh yeah more pics please and i want to motion a 24 hour web cam be installed for the folks back home.WEB CAM WEB CAM WEB CAM

Thanks man!:) Steve (wrightme43) uses the exact same pump I will be using and said his is real quiet. He was actually the person who turned me on to them! I'll let you know how it sounds when it is up and running. So you want a web cam huh?(LOL) You may see something you shouldn't! :shock: :lol:

Lookin good Krish! Those TLF Reactors are good for just about anything hahaha....I know a guy that modified his to be a calcium reator for his Nano SPS tank. I am going to try it out, If done right it is just as effective as the Shuran Pico.

Can't wait to see this opne up and running!

Hey Ron...Thanks man! Trying to get this one as nice as yours. I'm just lacking the tank right now:p Hopefully I will have it at the end of the day, if not, I would figure tomorrow for sure (but I'm not going to get my hopes up) Yeah, those TLF phosban reactors are pretty neat for any application that uses media. I just hate the pain in the neck screws on the old style...

Krish it looks good! Now hurry up and fill that sucker up with livestock! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Krish it looks good! Now hurry up and fill that sucker up with livestock! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Yeah, I tried to fill it up last night, but I was lacking the tank so the house got flooded:p Hopefully today or tomorrow I will have the new tank and sump. Still gotta wait on those 3/4 bulkheads though...:doubt:

I wish i had my skimmer. That is what is holding up my production. Once i get that i hope to have the eank done that same weekend. If i'm lucky which i doubt i am the skimmer will get in tommorow verses Friday.

Back