Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

damn Krish its cramped in there,patience will be the word of the day at pipe time .its going to look like a honda engine comp when your done, have you thought about using check valves on the returns? ive put them on mine cause the tank and sump are about an 8' height apart and that put my usable sump gallonage up about 7 gals,congrats on the great escape and await more pics. thanks, steve

tankrupt said:
damn Krish its cramped in there,patience will be the word of the day at pipe time .its going to look like a honda engine comp when your done, have you thought about using check valves on the returns? ive put them on mine cause the tank and sump are about an 8' height apart and that put my usable sump gallonage up about 7 gals,congrats on the great escape and await more pics. thanks, steve

:lol: tankrupt I love that user name! :lol:
Sump looks Sweet Krishman!
Happy Dance for you!

looks real good Krish! Can't wait to see that tank. I'm sure you have got to be anxious now to get this up and running.

Thanks Steve! Yeah it will be really cramped in there, but it sill be so neat, you won't notice;) I had decided to get the check valves along with drilling a hole in the return spout to break the siphon just to be safe. I'm also waiting to see what Scooter had suggested to see if that way would be even better. Hopefully tonight I will have a few more pics to post because I "should" be getting the tank:)

tankrupt I love that user name!
Sump looks Sweet Krishman!
Happy Dance for you!

Thanks Maui! I only dance slow though...Can happy dances be slow??? :p

looks real good Krish! Can't wait to see that tank. I'm sure you have got to be anxious now to get this up and running.

Thanks Nick and yeah, I'm excited. I know when I get the tank I will get a bit impatient because I'd have the tank, but can't do the swap over until I get the 3/4 bulkheads for the closed loop. I wish I could pull down the 75gal now so I can start setting up what I have, but I've got my live rock and fish to worry about and I don't want to have any sort of die-off so I'll wait:)

I hear ya, I'm in the same boat as you with my 90. I can't tear that down until the 210 is ready to go. Even after it is ready i need to move everything quickly and carefully so that there is little to no die off. I hate taking down tanks. Its almost sad to know that it is going to be dead quiet in my room now at night. it really kinda sucks but oh well.

I hear ya, I'm in the same boat as you with my 90. I can't tear that down until the 210 is ready to go. Even after it is ready i need to move everything quickly and carefully so that there is little to no die off. I hate taking down tanks. Its almost sad to know that it is going to be dead quiet in my room now at night. it really kinda sucks but oh well.

LOL...Keep both:p

I just got my tracking number on my 3/4 bulkheads and they are on the way:D They will be delivered on Monday so I should have them Tuesday which means by next weekend, I should be up and running. I haven't heard anything yet for the day on the tank, but I will call and see how it is going before I knock off...:)

Looking good Krish. Those baffles do look a little tall and cramped on spacing but that should eliminate any bubbles coming from the drain and skimmer. Of course you could drop the walls down with a few strokes of the trusty belt sander! :razz: (couldn't resist) - ....... preparing for hijack..........

What happened to the Great White? Had to give in the the highest predator thing huh? ...great, next thing you know he'll be dumping belt sanders and nuclear Krish toilet waste all over the reefs in the local area. :p

ROFL!!! Yeah, I went to the top of the foodchain one time. I'll soon be a bacteria:p(LOL)

Yeah, the sump is a bit cramped, but I purposely had the baffles done close together to try and eliminate any micro bubbles as quickly as I can seeing I won't have a 36 inch long sump this time to do it for me. A belt sander is a great idea to lower them...(LOL) Naw, I figured if I needed them any lower, I'd just punch holes in the baffles at the height I would want it, but I think it will work fine. The tank is basically the same exact design as the one you posted on that thread that Ed nagged you to post on(LOL) That's where I got the idea from. Hopefully I will have it today, if not tomorrow for sure...I hope:p The tank is 24 inches long and I'm having it built out of 1/2 inch just to make sure I have good surface area for the glue to bond and so the thing won't warp from the halides:)

i'm glad you're getting your stuff finally, i think Rob just wanted to leave you in suspence for a few more days :D :p.

Krish, you need a tank on top to make that a sump. GET THE FRICKIN TANK! hehehe

ROFL!!! I should have had it today, but it wasn't finished so more than likely it will be tomorrow. Don't be jealous when you see it now:p

i'm glad you're getting your stuff finally, i think Rob just wanted to leave you in suspence for a few more days .

Suspense would be good in a movie...Not with my tank!!!! :mad: :p

thankfully we arnt paying for the right to view this wonderful tank saga and bonus!!! no commercials. hope the tank arrives soon see ya

thankfully we arnt paying for the right to view this wonderful tank saga and bonus!!! no commercials. hope the tank arrives soon see ya

yes you all are, you gotta send 5 bucks to the spongebob lover fundation for the needy :p :D .

Retards!!:p

Update...None!!! The tank won't be ready until Tuesday now. Whatever:p I won't have the bulkheads until Tuesday anyways so I'm just going to drop the bulkheads there and let him drill all the holes for me one time. :)

Back