Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not even a water skiing squirrel?

Yeah dood you'll be able to get yours for only 400 bucks, Steve is trainning them and making the suits for them so you won't even have to worry about a wet squirrel running around.......they're gonna be great :D .

what kind of boat do you use in the cube for squirrel skiing,do you have tiny little ramps? flaming hoops is cruelty to animals not to mention the potential for melting the tank

LOL...No squirrels in my tank to drive up nitrates! I'm hoping to add something new this weekend to the tank if the weather permits. I may have to give up the yellow tang soon because he eats a lot and is growing an really shouldn't be in there. I will find some small fish to put in there and hopefully find some frags to color things up some:)

[ROFL!! I don't want or need to hear what games you play with your butt in the tub! Not trying it in my tank so get it out of your mind!!!
/QUOTE]

well you were the one who told me about your invention ..... remember...... the huge tube that goes from your toilet to your tank and how you just fart in there and you have bubbles in your tank :lol:

ROFL! I just copied and pasted below what I posted on a new thread ( http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16909 ) I just started a few minutes ago. This is just to update things here:)

I decided today that I'd give in to the urge to re-plumb my closed loop (that I've been contemplating for a while) to try and get more out of it, as well as to try and balance out the flow coming out of each nozzle without the use of the lockline valves I had to put on to do this. I was really happy with the results. Everything worked out according to plan...
Here are the befores and afters:)

This was the first plumbing setup. You can see how far the return pump is from the suction as well as how far the water will have to travel to get back into the tank. Too many bends and I did something stupid and had the return enter from the right side (looking at the photo) instead of dead center, which caused that side to be a lot stronger than the other.

These are the 3/4 lockline valves I had to use to control the flow coming out of each output to balance them all out. I didn't want to use them because they were so bulky, but at the time, I didn't want to re-plumb.

This is a side shot showing how crappy they look sitting in the tank. Too bulky IMO!

Now here's what I have now. I re-located the pump right behind the tank on a shelf I added, and tied in the return in the center pipe that joins the 4 outputs together to balance out the flow which enabled me to get rid of the 3/4 lockline valves as well as the Maxi Jet I added about a week ago for the extra flow. This was the best I could do with the plumbing without completely tearing it all out and starting over. It was really tight in there, but it works for me. The flow is soooo much better now and it feels like I added a bigger pump in there just by changing up the plumbing:)

tinker tinker tinker,looks like you removed half your lift off the pump,ive got pretty much the same head on mine and its not even warm,must say those 3/4 loclines are rather john holmes looking(sorry if ive given Brenden another purple penguin shot)(oops) anyhow, glad to see your still posting, laters.

tinker tinker tinker,looks like you removed half your lift off the pump,ive got pretty much the same head on mine and its not even warm,must say those 3/4 loclines are rather john holmes looking(sorry if ive given Brenden another purple penguin shot)(oops) anyhow, glad to see your still posting, laters

LMBO!!! :lol: :lol:

tinker tinker tinker,looks like you removed half your lift off the pump,ive got pretty much the same head on mine and its not even warm,must say those 3/4 loclines are rather john holmes looking(sorry if ive given Brenden another purple penguin shot)(oops) anyhow, glad to see your still posting, laters.

LOL...Yeah, I removed more than half the lift and more than half the suction. Those John Holmes looking valves are no-more which I'm glad of. They were the main reason why I re-did things:)

My goodness what a sassy tang,looking nice Krish, the critters on the glass have they come about in this tank or transfer over? without the valves its getting that smooth look. can you get live rock there or is that another no no ? sorry about being long winded but your not posting much lately and i needed a happy fix. see ya

Back