Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

very nice pictures doods :) .
Martin, i used to have that type of zoos like the ones from Kate's, i had them for about a year or two but then for some reason they melted a few moths ago :( , they were very kewl looking.

Hey Gaby,
Did you do any dosing of Joe's juice when they melted down? Anything else you can remember? I see they catch and eat any and everything that drifts by so dosing Joes Juice is going to be tricky with them.

I still don't know what would make the polyps change color. I think the variables are too many for a mere hobbyist to figure out. But those PC tru bulbs definitely changed the color of several other corals when I switched from using Coralife bulbs, got a softie that was like a greenish kenya tree to turn sky blue with plum highlights. Browned out coral got color again. Can't say enough about the tru bulbs but don't know how long they will last til they shift as most bulbs do, then the colors go flat again. VHO actinic certainly does increase the purple hue visually.
Kate

Hey Gaby,
Did you do any dosing of Joe's juice when they melted down? Anything else you can remember? I see they catch and eat any and everything that drifts by so dosing Joes Juice is going to be tricky with them.

no unfortunately i was late for that :( , i didn't put to much attention on them and by the time i did.... they were goners (they were already melted).

Kate what are the bulbs on the tank that I took the pictures?
How many vho and color and how many pc and color?

A few better macro's:

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

ya, very nice pictures, i've got a nikon d50, what sort of lens do you use, i've been using a 18-55 mm one, i wish i had a good macro lens

Yep, I just got the Rebel XT last week. And I'm using the kit 18-55mm lens. These pictures were taken with a close-up filter kit. Not bad results for like $15 :) I am planning to get the Canon F/2.8 100mm USM macro within the next few weeks....too bad it's like $400 :( Now if I only had more zoo's to take pictures of.

Martin is always loaded with corals!!! (LOL) Nice photos everyone

yeah dood what's up with that :p :D, i still wanna see all the rest of your corals and tanks Martin :D .

Rick that's a kewl picture dood, are they all blue like that or is a magic trick? :D.

Back