Lets see the history of your fish tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef said:
Ohhhh and I thought the sand bed was to aid in the eradication process????
ROTFLMAO Im coming around to bare bottom Mike. I switched the tank in Columbia over and it looks better than it ever has. Mine is next. Its just doing so well, I dont wanna mess with it. I mean 0 trates, and 0 phates. I do stir the heck out of mine though.

wrightme, the way that thing is attacking those rocks Im not sure its a coral it looks more like some strange, sub spieces of cod fish.....lol :D

Its kind of funny how you talk about one thing and that leads to another LOL. Like fish tank history to live rock to sock puppet to bare bottom finaly to cod fish. :lol:

not just strange but cool. when you can discover those strange sub spiecies the threaed is going to change... :)

It is hard to follow some of the tanks shown in this thread. My tank is a 72 gallon bow and it is only a little over one year old. It has come a long way.

continuing...

"they" often say that once you go saltwater, you'll never go back...
i think this is true.
within about six months of getting the 46 bow online as a reef
(with all the wrong equipment mind you. live and learn)
i new that having the silver dollars and fasciatus in the 72 was a crime.
so i converted it, made significant improvements to the peripheral equipment, and was well on my way. but...
i never trusted that damned overflow box (i was very lucky to be home the first time it was put to the test).
so with the help of eric at the shark reef, i was able to score a great reefready tank, and move all my critters once again, into their current home.
sorry i don't have a more current photo, camera was stolen out of my car.
it pretty much looks the same, accept everything is begger, and the glass is more coraline encrusted.

i'd really like to thank jeff and eric both. they were both always more than willing to give me the correct advice every time.

Last edited:
I just realized I don't have a whole lot of pics of my tank. And these arent very good.

Last edited:
snobanker said:
I just realized I don't have a whole lot of pics of my tank. And these arent very good.

That only means you have to take more pics, then show them to us :D :D :D
I kind of like your aquascape, what does that do for the flow in your tank? You definitly have given your fish alot of cruising room!!

A little on mine

The first 2 are in December 2002, then December 2003, and then March of 2005.

October 2001 - New Empty Tank

tank_with_stand_and_canopy_10_28_01.jpg

November 2001 - Tank Filling

tank_filling_with_sand_11_25_01.jpg

November 2001 - 1st pieces of rock in tank

rock_first_day_1_11_30_01.jpg

December 2001 - Livestock transfer from 29 gallon reef

livestock_transfer_12_26_01.jpg

January 2002

fish_tank_isometric_1_27_02.jpg

April 2002

full_tank_front_4-19-02.jpg

That still brings a tear to my eye Chuck. I'm so glad I got to see it in person when it was at its prime and look forward to seeing it when you have it looking even better than that...soon I'm sure.

Wow, to paraphrase an old Dead tune, what a long strange trip it's been. Still looks good Chuck, but man, what could have been. Why are you gonna replace your Live rock?
Love the stand.
:) :)

Back