Lost Creek 270

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

can you just stick the hose into a mag pump pre-filter? cut a few holes in the side of the hose and just jab it into one of those foam blocks....

"snails" you don't forget much !!! :)
check this out -- Danner Pre-filter for Mag-Drive / Pondmaster Pumps Models 2, 3, 5 & 7
you could use a cable tie to hold it on to your tubing. clean it once a year or so and you should be good.... maybe clean it if you notice a decrease in you flow rate :boink:

can you just stick the hose into a mag pump pre-filter? cut a few holes in the side of the hose and just jab it into one of those foam blocks....

"snails" you don't forget much !!! :)
check this out -- Danner Pre-filter for Mag-Drive / Pondmaster Pumps Models 2, 3, 5 & 7
you could use a cable tie to hold it on to your tubing. clean it once a year or so and you should be good.... maybe clean it if you notice a decrease in you flow rate :boink:

I have one sitting right next to me Rob.
Psssssssssssst , don't tell him it is really free will ya

And no, who could forget the great snail incident

no, Charlie hid it in the intake of his little giant return pump from his 80. then he complained (or Lori did) that the pump was getting hot and the flow was reduced. funny how HE suggests to YOU that a intake screen is a good idea....... it's coming around :clap2::clap2:

If I am not mistaken, I believe I was in Colorado when this incident occured, so I am innocent here. So I had absolutely no idea what my good friend Rob was going to do. When Lori called to tell me that it was fixed, I seem to remember her saying something to the effect that I should call Rob to find out what was going on. Do I really need to continue this? ;)

i think we have spent too much time on Kevin's thread..... at least i learned from the experience.... as you have based on your recommendation to Kevin about a pre-filter :):):)

Tests for today @ 6:00PM as follows: Temp = 78.6 & pH = 8.22
SpGr = 1.027, Salinity = 38
Alk = 9.562 dkh
Ca = 480 -490 ppm
Mg = 1410 ppm

Once again, I'll be tweaking the drips tomorrow! Mg is where I want it (took a month), Ca & Alk are too high....oh well!

The PO4 has dropped to 0.03 (!) nice, so I will stop the GFO when I change charcoal next time. The water is clearer, the algae on the sides of the acrylic is growing back much more slowly AND the algae in the fuge is growing like gang-busters with the LEDs.

Tests for today @ 3:30PM as follows (as promised): Temp = 78.5 & pH = 8.03
SpGr = 1.027, Salinity = 38
Alk = 8.512 dkh
Ca = 460 ppm
Mg = 1395 ppm

Once again, a small tweakage of the the drips tomorrow! Interesting conversation about my water changes (continual vs bulk) and how that might/will influence the various levers I'm measuring & also the variability of batches of the salt mixes we buy.

The PO4 has apparently not dropped to 0.03 but is 0.12ppm, so will keep the GFO & watch the numbers...

Back