Lost Creek 270

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are those actual pictures that I see? Wow......................... what a novel concept ;).

You are welcome Kevin. Tank looks really good by the way.................. you learn well...........................lol.

I got tired of the link on the page...AND I have the new computer, so no more excuses. 1/2 of the tank cleaned, GFO & Carbon refreshed, time for a beer & cook some Brats. and let my fingers un-prune.

Must be pictures and cleaning day, I got my glass cleaned this morning and well.................. if you clean the glass you must have done it for a reason right? Anyways, things look good on your end Kevin.

Can I tell you how much my heart bleeds for you Kevin? I feel really bad that you have to go thru this........................................................................ NOT.........................................LOL.
Kevin, it just shows to go ya that things can get done right. It always seemed to me to go in spurts to, so have fun with the glass cleaning and maybe a before and after pic should be requested here. You of course know the penalties for no pics ;).

You have been BEERED...............................LOL. That is what I like about you, you just don't give a poop do ya.

It takes me a good hour to go thru and clean my glass when the coralline takes over Kevin, so yeah, I know.

I DO care! :wink: Au contraire. I guess I should have clarified my Beer Me was more of a BEER YOU as the list moderator noticing the no pictures infraction; guilty as charged, Kokanee Gold, right? I got most of mine done, but I was also plucking algae and watching the fish. Took 2:30 more or less and I covered 95% of the clear acrylic. Gets old real fast!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it gets old and your wrist starts to hurt after a while. Hey, there might be a new beer on the list Kevin ;). Have you tried Blue Moon Belgian White. Had some at Mooses here a couple Sundays ago and whoopee :). I digress.

When you get time........................... could you please update this thread with some recent pictures dear sir. There.............................. I asked politely. I will rescind the beer penalty if this is taken care of by May sometime, I know you have priorities, but there are certain things that must be adhered to Kevin.

Oh yeah, it gets old and your wrist starts to hurt after a while. Hey, there might be a new beer on the list Kevin ;). Have you tried Blue Moon Belgian White. Had some at Mooses here a couple Sundays ago and whoopee :). I digress.

When you get time........................... could you please update this thread with some recent pictures dear sir. There.............................. I asked politely. I will rescind the beer penalty if this is taken care of by May sometime, I know you have priorities, but there are certain things that must be adhered to Kevin.

My wrists hurt ALL of the time lately (but not as bad as 2 months ago)! Between pulling calves, swimming and cleaning the acrylic! Ha!!
A new beer...sounds great!
You ask so nicely...
an so I have the time AND some of the pictures you mentioned...I started working on this Sunday evening, so here is the before "I got after it" view from various aspects:
Left end of the tank:

Left end from the front:

Right end from the front:

I love photobucket. My tank looked kinda scuzzy, looks better now! More later

Last edited:
Kevin, even thru the fog it looks pretty cool. I ask nicely because this is a family forum and children may read this. You know me, always trying to say the right thing.

They make that beer in bottles, but I haven't looked around here yet, you'd like it.

Kevin, even thru the fog it looks pretty cool. I ask nicely because this is a family forum and children may read this. You know me, always trying to say the right thing.

They make that beer in bottles, but I haven't looked around here yet, you'd like it.

Well I got home and took the requested pictures before I finish up with the cleaning saga, only to find I left the USB cord at the clinic. Perfect.:smash:
Then I remembered Photogbucket showing me their *GLORIOUS* mobile app. I went to the Android PlayStore, downloaded it, logged in, put my pics in the bucket and on here to you. It worked, totally slick! :whoo:

I have a Kona Brewing Co Longboard Lager in hand!

More pictures!:

Front of the Lost Creek 270...note the corals have grown out of the water...

Right end of the tank:

Left end of the display:

Urchin & Clowns:

Left front:

Right front:

Hope this meets the 'current pictures are requested' guidelines!

Back