Man, I have a long one!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some more pics tonight.
The ballast that I have hooked up now is a workhorse 7 and the wiring is a lot better so it's a lil easier to take precautions, but yeah, once I recieve the others I'll be a lil smarter on hooking them up. This tank is hard to get a close FTS, I'll need to invest in a wide angle lens lol. There is only eight frags in the tank right now because I had a friend hold the frags until my tank was ready. When I went to pick them up seven of the fifteen frags had released from the frag plugs and are somewhere in his tank.

here's a better pic of the sailfin
salt320.jpg

and a few more frags
salt321.jpg

salt322.jpg

salt323.jpg

salt324.jpg

:D

Ouch... Note to pinky finger... when encountering the long spine urchin and hand to hand combat is required, a good defense is the best offense.

LOL! lesson learned!
Here's a few more of the goodies that I picked up yesterday.
Kole Eye Tang and yeah, I've been watching both tangs to make sure there's no fighting.
salt340.jpg

Diamond Watchman Goby, there's a red pistol in the dig but not in the pic.
salt338.jpg

Cleaner shrimp
salt333.jpg

got a new skimmer from the LFS today. Used ASM G-2 for $75. they even threw in a used Rena 300w heater for free.

ASM G-2 w/sedra needle wheel
salt383.jpg

salt384.jpg

I should've listened to skimerwhisperer's advice about the remora pro:doubt:

I also picked up a few goodies
salt382.jpg

and

salt378.jpg

I got a few others but haven't got any pics uploaded yet.

looking good how deep is your tank i have a 14inch deep tank and its annoying as anyting i got 2 6 foot long tanks by about a foot deep they wouldnt be that good for display depending on what coral u keep

I bought it used off CL.
A few more random pics.
70gsalt005.jpg

70gsalt006.jpg

70gsalt004.jpg

Don't mind all that hair algae in the last pic, tank has the new tank algae blues lol!

do you have any pics of your sump and plmbing yet? Ya I agree on the new tank algea blues, but the fun part is getting rid of it. lol. I like the long tanks pearsonaly and yours fits that catagory! LOOKS great. :cool:

Thanks guys, I do have a pic of the sump and simple greenhorn plumbing job lol.
salt307.jpg

I've added an ASM skimmer, chaeto and fuge light to the sump since this pic.

Back