Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Happy Easter everyone:)
Heres some Easter pictures.

1,.jpg

040.jpg

046.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

The pink birdsnest? Me too, its really bright:) Got that from Brandy, for free! Thanks again Brandy!

I almost got the whole colony which was probably as big as my head, but it was covered in bryopsis so she wouldn't sell it to me. Sad day :(

tagging along with this tread,,,great start with 120gals,congratulation,nothing wrong with showing off,:crazy:,,keep the progress on coming,,looking good already

Last edited:
Thank you! I still think its in need of some more color.

Michael, if you have frags, or can frag, I'd love to come over again some time. I want to try some of that purple monti, yours is so bright! If not thats fine, but let me know:)

So I came home from school today to find my anemone in a completely different place than he was this morning. If you saw the pics from earlier he was happily sitting at the bottom of the tank. What could I have done to make him move?
I haven't changed anything except I sold the clown that hosted in him. Could this stress him out?

I have read threads about nems and how they sometimes split after moving around a lot of being stressed. Will he split? I also read if they didn't have a clown hosting them that you need to feed them. I have him a cube of the Formula One frozen and
he devoured it super fast. Any suggestions?

Here's some pics. He looks the same as when we got him, still beautiful:) he just moved though:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I doubt it'll split. Getting rid of the clown may have provoked it to move, but it's more likely that it's moving to find it's "happy spot." The tank hasn't been set up long, so it hadn't "decided" what it wanted to do yet. As it moves around, you may need to move corals out of it's reach, as it's likely to sting corals, as it gets near to them. Moving doesn't mean it's stressed, though stress can cause them to move. If it is stressed, there's a possibility it may split. However, it'd have been more likely to split, from stress, during the move, when you moved the tank.

Another thing to watch for, as it's moving around, is power heads. If it releases it's foot, it could float around, and get sucked into a power head. If it moves too close to a power head, it could be damaged, from the power head. Worse case, if it does get sucked into a power head, DO NOT try to pull it out. Unplug the power head and let it work it's self out, on it's own. If needed, you can also cover power heads with sponges or cages, to protect the anemone from getting too close to them.

Oh, I think it would be so cool if he split:) but I don't want him stressed. The spot he's in now, he's been in all day, my mom said, so hopefully he'll stay. I like where he is. Thanks for the help Michael.

Maybe, he was all the way at the bottom before. So do I need to keep feeding him cubes like this since the baby clowns aren't hosting him? And if so, how often?

my RBTAs I don't directly feed but they get their share of mysis shrimp as I dont turn off my pumps when I feed. I would feed them at least one to two times a week--large chunks of krill, shrimp, or silversides seem to be their favorites.

So I finally moved the CPR Bakpak off the front of the tank so you can see the whole thing now:) Everything seems great, except I'm worried about my leather coral. He barely ever opens anymore. Here's a before and after:

Before:
IMG_0347.jpg

Now:
001.jpg

He has opened a few times since we moved him, but he did every day in the old tank. Is it because of the dramatic change of light?

And here's a couple full tank pics:

002.jpg

003.jpg

I am excited to say that this week I will be getting some more corals! Michael, I think Saturday will work best unless we get early release from practice tomorrow. I will call and make sure like planned. And I am getting one, maybe two corals from Barbie. A tricolor acro, and I really liked the color of the borealis frags she has. I will post pics of them as soon as I put them in the tank.

Oh I know, it was just stunning! But not cheap, that's for sure. Good thing I have some store credit at Barbie's so my mom doesn't get too mad.:) I actually might not go to practice tmmr, so which day is easier, Friday or Saturday?

Back