Markee's 120g Reef Tank(:

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

heres a few more.. i think.

Attachments

• 513.jpg
    513.jpg
    62.6 KB
just keep in mind that the eel may consider the mandarin as food or a meal.

i had a foot long snowflake in a 90g and it did go after a mandarin and red coris wrasse...just be forehand all bets are off when you add an eel to the tank, as anything can and probably will happen.

Well I will keep an eye on him once I get him. He's pretty small so probably won't go after him at least for a while. I have a question: you said red coris wrasse.. would you consider them to be reef safe?

I dont think you will have problem with the eel and the mandarin. Unless the mandarin is REEAAALLLY tiny and it doesnt look that like it is. My GDM doesnt bother any of the fish. I have a mandarin but its pretty good size. The smallest fish I have is a dottyback. The eel has never bothered it and its almost as small as some of the silversides I feed him. He's is pretty much full grown at 14"+ long. Its funny, I thought mine would eat my peppermint shrimp too, but I still see them every now and again. But you never know. I fully expect him to eat the shrimp at some point.
Yeah, I agree. He will like the rock work. He will be peaking out and just haning out all over.
Nice corals. I love the bright green monti. I think I have one similar.
Great looking tank!

red coris wrasse can get big, but your tank should be ok..the only other thing is this wrasse buries itself at night to sleep so a deep sand bed is a MUST. :)

You may want to consider covering your tank. Eels can be escape artists. You'd hate to come home and find it dried up, on your carpet.

This is true
I cover my tank with white egg crate. It doesnt fit real tight. He goes up and looks like he touches it with his nose and then swims off. Its a couple inches above the water so he might just be getting a taste of air and not actually hitting the egg crate. Better safe than sorry!

I love how the red coris wrasses look with all their colors.. but I also love vermiculates.... Tough decision.
Thanks for the compliments and tips everyone! About covering the tank, I know I should because lots of people have been telling me to but the guy I'm buying it from has had it for two years with no cover... so I don't know if I should worry about it.. But if you guys really think I should then I can. I don't know where to get egg crate? I feel silly asking but is that the boxs eggs come in? :)

I love how the red coris wrasses look with all their colors.. but I also love vermiculates.... Tough decision.
Thanks for the compliments and tips everyone! About covering the tank, I know I should because lots of people have been telling me to but the guy I'm buying it from has had it for two years with no cover... so I don't know if I should worry about it.. But if you guys really think I should then I can. I don't know where to get egg crate? I feel silly asking but is that the boxs eggs come in? :)

lol - nope, it is white, and you can get it at lowe's - its a light diffuser, so you would find it in the lighting section :)

one of our sponsors - Get Pumped Saltwater sells black eggcrate, if you don't like the white stuff they sell at the hardware store - https://getpumpedsaltwater.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=99_105&products_id=606&zenid=942119bc692ec2522445dbc8a1aec44c

Thanks for all the tips and compliments everyone!
So everyone has been telling me about covering the tank but The guy I'm buying the eel from said he's had it 2 years uncovered so I didn't know if I needed to? But if you guys think I should then I will.. where do you get egg crate..? I don't even know what that is.. I feel silly asking but is that the box that eggs are packed in...? :)

I got the eel on Saturday and he now found a home in the 20 lb rock I have. Apparently this rock has tunnels in it because the little guy can poke his head out in four spots and loves it! I fed him one of those silverside fish today and he devoured it. It was cool :) this guy is incredible. So little too. My sister has my camera so I will try and get a picture of him when she gets home. He has a tiny gold spot on his head and his whole body is white until down at the tail it has golden rims. So cool looking. Any other tips with this guy is great! I do have two questions: How often should I feed him? And I have silversides, squid, and mysis to feed him but with the silversides, do I give him a whole fish or a half or what? I broke off half of the fish and he seems happy but is that too little or too much? Thanks!

The eel decided to come out of the rock. I like where he is now. You can see him a lot better, but everytime I tried to get a pic he went back in. The first one was taken by the previous owner and the second I took with my phone.

Attachments

• eel.jpg
    eel.jpg
    47.6 KB
  • golden dwarf moray eel.jpg
    golden dwarf moray eel.jpg
    22.3 KB
Back