Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ah yeah $150 is definatly not worth insurance thought more than that... and no not lucky more of just odds on your side lol

OH, one of those! :shock:

I actually have an AC Jr and an 8 plug-in gadget that came with it around here somewhere. Never have even tried installing it as I never can seem to find the time. Guess I should work harder on finding some time..

I'm just happy there wasn't too much damage done!

I still do consider you LUCKY Jonathan!

Vicki

I am only lucky 'cause I know you Vicki! :p

The ACjr does not do email alarms IIRC. With all those tanks, do you have any idea how much easier life would be with a good quality controller? Let me count the ways:

1. Full control and monitoring of Ca and alk.

2. Full monitoring of system with alarms to your cell phone, email, and audibles, including leaks, electrical, temp, ORP, salinity etc.

3. One button feed program so that you could tie all the systems into the controller, hit the feed button, and feed all the tanks without messing with switches, forgetting to turn stuff back on, etc.

4. Superior pump/flow control.

5. Recording & Graphing of all tank parameters.

6. Animal record keeping.

7. Task management.

8. Direct web access.

See AquariumControllers.com for more info.

I'd imagine having a system like that would simplify some of the tasks around here, but would probably cause me to have a breakdown trying to keep up with it all and understand it all. I remember when I first got the AC Jr., I looked at the manual that came with it and tucked it away to work on later when I had the time to try to figure it out. Guess that day hasn't arrived yet. :lol:

Vicki

that must have been some surge to toast your DC4HD...:cry::evil:
and it was 2 vortec power supplys that toasted on it??
was there anything else plugged in to the DC4HD except the vortecs??

and, do you have those 24hr backup power supplies for the vortecs as well?

The DC4HD did not fry. Just the power supplies. And yes, one of them is still running on the battery backup. New power supplies will be here tomorrow. I just repaired the Tunze Nano cord and it is something to see with the cord completely melted away. I will put it with my collection. :rolleyes:

BTW, we had a surge in Downtown Poulsbo some months ago and it blew the capacitors out of a couple of the refrigeration units at my store. That cost me about $2K to fix.

The story that was floated was that a truck hit the box, but what I found out was a much different story. I was walking in the area some time later and saw a PSE crew truck. I chatted up the guys and found out it was actually a communication error between work crews and that they had somehow screwed up an install. No way to prove it of course, since PSE is like the NSA. :eek:

WHOA! Holy crap I may have to start hanging out over there so I can object to all that sexism and profanity. :razz: ;)

p.s. nice work, Dahn

Oops...I didn't know that Dahn. Sorry man. :eek: Just very impressive work and I wanted to share it with our PSAS friends. The fact that he built it out of Home Depot stuff is remarkable, and it did not take much time at all.

Jan, you are welcome on DR any time! :D

Last edited:
Back