Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have been contemplating increasing the size of my tank within the same footprint. Since I have such powerful lamps, this would enable me to lower the reef a bit, have plenty of shaded areas and hidden spots. and room for me to get inside the tank to clean.

display2a.jpg

display2b.jpg

display2c.jpg

Tank Length = 96 inches
Tank Width = 60 inches
Tank Height = 72 inches
Tank Volume = 1795.3 Gallons (approx.)

That is 5 x built in waveboxes and the same overflow I currently have. It will effectively remove the stand which I have nothing under anyway except for my blowers. Plumbing will be added to this and my previous design and posted when I can get to it.

That is all.

In the picture your wearing clothes. We know the truth........
Its our little secret.;)

You have chosen to go with the wave boxes over the 3phase variable motor control wave idea?

Probably yes. I don't want any tank penetrations and I feel the wave box has better potential energy to electrical draw, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't use the VFD on the return line. I want to be able to turn that down at night as well, and possibly pulse it to stir up crap.

not sure yet Russ. SHerman came over yesterday and made me drink a bunch of beer, and I got to deal with the kid's crap too. How long does it go?

mmmmm....... beeeerrrr......

I had myself a few good ones at Toad House last night,
then dipped into my stash at home. ;)

well,
the weather didn't cooperate,

we got one run around noon,
then the rain came back :(

weather permitting,
I should be racing next sat too

yeah, I ended up at the store anyway. same for today. this weather bites! what about getting together for beer and reef purposes?

what about getting together for beer and reef purposes?

I just added a bag of Live Sand to my tank about an hour ago, still very cloudy.

I'll check with the girlfriend, see if she's got any plans for us tonight,
if all is clear, maybe you could spin by and enjoy a brew.....:D

I'm guessing you're at the store today?
you get out around 6 ish?

I should know around then.

Russ

Edit:
pm me your number again please....

So when is the "smash the old tank with sledge hammers and make room for the new tank party" We can drag it out with my jeep!:D
Chad

it's gonna be a long time Chad. I still have a lot of research to do plus material testing. I don't expect to get to building the tank until late this year.

Jonathan, Sherm, and Dahn,
Are you guys going to make it over for the meeting on the 21st?

:lol:

Actually her majesty wanted to go as well but there are just too many things going on this Saturday.

Back