Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nice one Chad. :lol:

I can't go. I just can't handle the crowd thing, and I got a wonderful back spasm going on too. Not in the cards, and I am bummed because this is usually the best event of the year. And I'll go out on a limb and bet there will be some good drinks dammi!

I just want to emphasize to anyone who will listen, that a maroon clown is NOT a good fish for a coral reef. I just spent more than an hour trying to plant one frag that had grown too big for the frag rack with the end result a 10 minute profanity laced tirade.

I literally would like to strangle that fish and eat it. I have been wearing reef gloves lately because I am getting tired of the constant biting/striking but even with that protection, I still have a horrible time trying to place corals. That damn clown will attack me, the coral and the rock. And I am not talking about itty btty rocks either. I am talking about large pieces the she, with seemingly little effort, will toss around the tank.

So by the time it was all done, this beautiful 4" x 6" colony had all of its fingers crushed off. Plus I can't really place it where I want to. If I thought for an instant that I could hit it with a bullet, it would have been dead a long time ago.

I know what you're talking about...I can still feel the phantom bites on my arm from where my clarkii clown bites me when I put my arm in the tank. And this is the clown that I had to hand feed for 6 months when he used to be blind. No gratitude I tell you, none at all... :evil:

:lol: I hear ya Jan. I got really ticked off today. I was literally swearing my butt off and throwing stuff around my tank room. SO I had an Oxycodone and Tequilla with Sherman. I feel much better. :D

*chuckling* Thus why my GSM pair is in my FOWLR, with a few triggers, etc as tank-mates...

I don't even try and aquascape that tank... I just throw some live rock in, a few cleaner crew for the sport of "watch the trigger put the hermit back in the corner every time it moves more than an inch..." And let them figure out what the tank should look like. I figure when I upgrade, the last resident will be a rock-mover (dragon) wrasse, then it'll be total anarchy.

.....and the reef gets a happy, little, docile pair of true percs. *grin*

:lol: I hear ya Jan. I got really ticked off today. I was literally swearing my butt off and throwing stuff around my tank room. SO I had an Oxycodone and Tequilla with Sherman. I feel much better. :D

Jonathan-
Get yourself a CO2 pellet gun, epoxy a 2 foot section of rigid airline tube to the end of the barrel. Then make a spear with a piece of titanium and some filter floss like the natives do and go on a little reef hunting trip.

For everyone that reads this and is mad at me for saying that, look in the mirror and realize YOUR in denial. People kill and eat the fish we love in other parts of the world everyday. I dont make a habit of it, or enjoy it, but sometimes it MAY be necessary.

Big Bad Chad

You sick bastard. That's not a bad idea. She'll try to fight the spear so it would be a clean head shot. THUNK.

She'll try to fight the spear so it would be a clean head shot. THUNK.
:badgrin:

With plenty of fireworks still around perhaps you could use a lady finger for a small localized detonation! The spear gun sounds cool too! :lol:

To be honest, I want it to be slow and painful death. Maybe I should pull off a couple of filets and thet her swim around for a while?

Hey Russ, your inbox is full!! Here's what I wrote:

"I think my last message went (poof) so sorry if this is a duplicate.

YES. THE TANG'S DIET SHOULD BE AT LEAST 50% VEGETABLE (NORI).

You can get garlic gaurd and vitamins at an LFS or even PetSmart. I can give you some Garlic Guard too.

If your tang does not take nori readily, try soaking it in vitamins and garlic, and then rubber-banding it to a rock. This will excite the tang to eat it, and then you can slowly wean it off the rock method once its health is back.

I can come take a look if you need it."

Hey Russ, your inbox is full!! Here's what I wrote:

"I think my last message went (poof) so sorry if this is a duplicate.

YES. THE TANG'S DIET SHOULD BE AT LEAST 50% VEGETABLE (NORI).

You can get garlic gaurd and vitamins at an LFS or even PetSmart. I can give you some Garlic Guard too.

If your tang does not take nori readily, try soaking it in vitamins and garlic, and then rubber-banding it to a rock. This will excite the tang to eat it, and then you can slowly wean it off the rock method once its health is back.

I can come take a look if you need it."

I'm about to head out, hit up sharks reef, and petsmart.

I cut up some nori, soaked it with the flake food and mysis (hoping the tang might like it if it was more familiar) no joy,
he went right for the mysis, excited as ever.

I had some of the nori chopped small, let it in the tank loose,
and some on a clip

thanks,
Russ

You don't follow instructions very well Russ! :lol:

Do not mix it with other foods or at the same time. Then the fish will lose interest. band it to a rock and you will see what I mean. DO NOT buy any ich treatments!

Try pureeing the nori with garlic and a little mysis....then smear the paste onto a rock and let dry. put the rock into the tank and see if it will prompt "normal feeding" from the fish.

Of course "normal feeding" changes from one individual to another:

I had an Oxycodone and Tequilla with Sherman
:)

You don't follow instructions very well Russ! :lol:

Do not mix it with other foods or at the same time. Then the fish will lose interest. band it to a rock and you will see what I mean. DO NOT buy any ich treatments!

I know, I don't listen well :p

I went to shark reef, talked to eric.
he prettymuch said the same as you.
I picked up some garlic guard and he gave me a sheet of green nori (the stuff I have is red) to see if the tang likes it better.

I looked at ich treatments, he said they weren't good for my tank.

last night, I soaked a small piece of green nori in garlic guard, then broke it up and fed the tang like it was regular flake food. (holding it in front of a power head, rubbing it between my fingers to break it up)
he went after it, but would spit it out, then chase another piece down, grab it, then spit it out.
but my african midas blenny seems to like the pieces the tang spits out.

I've soaked some more, and put it on a clip.
I've seen him go pick some off of it a couple times this morning.

yeah, my tangs don't go for the red either except once-in-a-while somer gracilia (sp?). ANYWAY, rubberband a large piece that has been soaked to a rock and place it on the sand or in the rockwork. Make sure that after you soak it, you drain off the excess too.

I know, I don't listen well :p

I went to shark reef, talked to eric.
he prettymuch said the same as you.
I picked up some garlic guard and he gave me a sheet of green nori (the stuff I have is red) to see if the tang likes it better.

I looked at ich treatments, he said they weren't good for my tank.

last night, I soaked a small piece of green nori in garlic guard, then broke it up and fed the tang like it was regular flake food. (holding it in front of a power head, rubbing it between my fingers to break it up)
he went after it, but would spit it out, then chase another piece down, grab it, then spit it out.
but my african midas blenny seems to like the pieces the tang spits out.

I've soaked some more, and put it on a clip.
I've seen him go pick some off of it a couple times this morning.

Your not doing it right! You must soak it in Guinness first:D

Back