Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So today I went down into Bremerton to pick up some UPS batteries from Budget Batteries and ended up stopping by Daniel (kitsapdan)'s pizza joint on 6th. It's called Mad Moose Pizza and it was interesting to say the least. He and his wife own a carpet cleaning business and decided to branch out into something new, and I have got to hand it to them for the giant sized huevos they apparently have trying to start up in this economy and taking on a property that needs a lot of work.

What was intersting is that on the ride to our next destination, my son remarked about how good the pie was. Keep in mind he is 11 years-old and we have homemade pizza just last night, but I waited to see if he would say anything, and I had to agree, Dan makes an excellent pizza. What's so great about that? Well, too often pizza joints just serve crap. I can't eat the Costco or Central Market pizza anymore because they just load it with a ton of salt and I wake up barely able to breathe, and so many places seriously skimp on size and/or ingredients.

I made an error in ordering because the last time I bought out and ordered a small, it was so small I was really mad. At Dan's place, a small is really a good meal + for one person and the base price is $6. I couldn't finish the small and I was starving when I got there. Anyway, not to go crazy with a "plug", but I just wanted to mention that he makes a really good pie. :)

Cool... I will need to check Dan's pizza joint out sometime soon.

By the way the pizza in Italy suck... Well except in Naples.

I'll go with you. Funny thing was my wife had some of the leftovers and really enjoyed it. She loves that thin crust pizza.

Some pics from yesterday. Trying to get a little bit of fish color from above.

Orange shoulder:

CIMG9472.jpg

FoxFace Lo

CIMG9471.jpg

Nothing else came out at all because I didn't turn off the flow and wasn't feeding.

Some frag shots:

Zoanthids and Aussie Acan:

CIMG9468.jpg

Purple Death: Sherman told me I had them in too much light.

CIMG9466.jpg

Couple vids. Trying to get more top-down fish action. The first one didn't work so well because I wasn't feeding. BTW, the area along the bottom is just because the top-down box was built with a real camera in mind, and I am using a litle pocket Casio.

This second one is better in that we were feeding. Well, very OVER-FEEDING to get the fish near. :eek: Many of the fish stayed outside the camera's range because they normally eat out in the wash of food that gets past the aggressive fish. The rest would be right at the surface but were a little shy due to the camera.

Looking for a replacement CO2 regulator/solenoid. Mine has been eaten alive by salt. I think the regulator itself is still good, but the flow is not shutting off when the solenoid goes off.

I took it to PraxAir where my rep. tested it and it seemed to work fine there on the bench, but it is definitely not working correctly here, and it is causing me major headaches. I would love to find one made out of thermo-plastic rather than the chrome coated or whatever that material is on the one I got from Germany.

Any suggestions welcome!

WOW J. You got some nice looking Zoas there. Love that "Watermelon Chalice". Thanks for sharing and hope all is well.

Hey! Howya doing? Actually, the watermelon was found when Danno was over (IIRC). Maybe when Sherman was here...but anyway, it was down below somewhere among the rocks and not getting any light. So it needs to color up, but that is a VERY special one I had searched far and wide to replace the one I got from Steve Weast. That one had a major melt-down some time ago.

Anyway, it's not at its true color, and has never done well in my system. And to be honest, I am not really sure of its "true identity". Maybe you should come by?

Just got a package in from Custom and in it was my new CO2 unit. It's a Milwaukee MA957 with solenoid and bubble counter. It has some nice advantages over the German one I had before, chiefly that it is mostly brass instead of chrome, and the bubble counter is much better quality than the cheapo one cold everywhere for $20. The German unit did not include a bubble counter and was about 2 x the cost of the Milwaukee. So far it is working quite well, and I hope it lasts until the tank is down.

Further reading about CO2 setups has led me to believe it is quite common for them to fail and often much faster than mine did. What would warm my cockles would be one made out of thermo-plastic. :D

So believe it or not, I made a new batch of fish food yesterday. I know my fish will not be here much longer, but I ran out anf figured I would pass some along to help with acclimation anyway. This time I did not use any aquarium products except for vitamins, Garlic Guard, and spirulina. The bulk of it was seaweed, shrimp, mixed seafood, and silver fish, and it turned out yummy! :D

yeah no doubt Nelson. Funny thing is, for our dinner I made an Asian cold noodle salad with shrimp, mussels, tomato, carrot, etc. and it was superb. :D

Back