Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, it has been too long between updates! The tank is running fine, params are good, and I am getting closer to the break down. That will be happening on the Wednesday the 27th of May.

The exciting news is that I have found a home for Big Blue. He will be going to a large system in Fargo, ND. It is owned by a bright guy who is well funded, so hopefully this will be Blue's last move. I am indeed quite sad about this, and having to ship him in the first place, but my primary concern is his well-being. Once he is in his new home, I will post a link so everyone can see him. The new owner is on board with making home-made food, and I am coaching him on that.

I have started listing equipment with the lighting components, and once the tank is down, will get into this much more. Those of you who are local and need rock, should come by my place on the 27th at 9:00 am to get live MArshall Island rock for $4/lb. After that, it will be on sale at The Shark Reef for $7/lb. Getting it right out of my tank has some advantages of course, because there are many coral pieces, sponges, snails, etc.

The day is coming...

Last edited:
Quick reminder to all locals. My tank is coming down tomorrow starting at 9AM. Rock will be available directly out of the system for $4/lb. You snooze, you lose! :lol:

Well, Sherman and I had the Last Supper tonight, along with some crazy smoked salmon dip he made, beer, and vodka. La Chaim!

wish i can be there withness of the execution,,rest in peace 1000gals:cry:
but i 'm still got a piece of your dream still alive in my tank,.thanks:)

Thank you Dang. The whole breakdown went extremely smoothly with all rock and animals out in less than 3 hours. The only real snag was when I got to the airport with Big Blue and they wouldn't take him, saying I wasn't a "known shipper". After having me and my buddy there with the crazy eyes for nearly two hours they ended up taking him. :rolleyes:

The super good news is that Big Blue made it to Fargo alive and well. In fact the observation was that he was very relaxed and in excellent condition. I cannot express how happy I am about that.

Last edited:
Catching fish?
CIMG9759.jpg

3 of the crew:
CIMG9761.jpg

Uh oh...
CIMG9762.jpg

Actually we did not find anything too disturbing. Maybe 10 bristleworms 2 - 3" long, and this claw. Not too bad since the rock came directly into the tank with no "curing".

Video Montage. I did not get much since we were so busy!

The super good news is that Big Blue made it to Fargo alive and well. In fact the observation was that he was very relaxed and in excellent condition. I cannot express how happy I am about that.

Man, is this great news or what! (going off to look at the video)

I'm glad to hear how smoothly the break-down went for you and the creatures. :)

Not re-building it. I have plans for a new system down the road. Not sure why this has been so upsetting to many people. Moreso it seems than for me. This system was instrumental in my brain injury recovery, and I couldn't be happier about that. But priorities change and I could not attend to them all, so the tank came down.

Chris Baskins picked up all the sumps yesterday! :D

i dunno it just really seems like a ton of hard work went into that thing, and now its gone. I'd feel upset if it were mine due to all the effort I would have had to put into it.
But hey diffrent people act in diffrent ways.

Back