Me, Myself, & Sherman too.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very cool. I want some. I wonder if they are considered "reef safe". Some cardinals will not school or will kill off each other, so I have to be careful about that. Looks good from those pics!

Oh man.. I want some now too for my 125g when I set it up. This pic is awesome

fav002.jpg

Think Eric could get some in? :)

I have asked him about cardinals and I know he gets certain ones in occassionally, but the couple kinds he had recently were territorial and would essentially thin th epack down to a pair. I am still smarting from my blue/green chromis school and I really want to avoid the carnage...

We could order 50 of the right kind and I'll take 40 and you take 10. :) Unfortunately one of the descriptions states that they like low-light conditions...

QUick update: All is well on the reef. Corals are growing well and my alkalinity issue seems to be slowly resolving itself.

Just had a nice visit with Scott Davis (OmarD). He's a really nice guy and we had a nice chat. Can't wait to go see his reef! :D

Not really...I do have a 6 pack of Inversion IPA, so that's fairly light-weight...everything else is lock-the-door beer. :)

Has to... can't let people drive after visiting his tank... its the 20% alcohol beer in that darn fridge, don't ya know! ;)

You know the saying Deb, You can check out but you can never leave... :D

Come on Ed, 20%?? No beer here over 12% as far as I can tell. Now the Crater Lake, that's another story! :lol:

Sorry I haven't been posting pics but I have just been too busy.

Strange thing happened to a Maiden's hair I got from Eric. It has been alive and well in my fuge and in my snail grow-out for months. A couple days ago...it suddenly dropped dead. It turned totally white overnight. I have no idea what happened. I left it in the tank for a day to see what would happen, but it just started to rot. So I pulled it out yesterday and gave it a FW spray down to remove the dead plant. What I found was there were still a couple small patches left alive, so I put it back into the grow-out tank.

Today I checked it out and guess what? There are some really cool polyps on it...they were underneath the maiden's hair the whole time. Interesting colors too. They have purple centers, green rings, and brown tentacles. And that's under daylight lighting. :)

Today I did a complete cleanout of my sumps with a shop vac and towel. Nice water change. Alk tested out at 9.6 dKh so I am continuing to move toward my goal 9.0.

Corals look good, and the pieces of orance cap that I have left all seem to be doing fine, so maybe I will end up with several this next time around. I mourn the loss of the purple polyp monti still and have a green encrusting that is still in regression.
All other corals are looking good.

I accidentally broke off a tip of the blue cali tort while cleaning the glass today. I have had good luck just popping tips into holes so that's what I did. As I lay over the top of the tank, it amazes me how many little coral "children" there are growing out of various crevaces. Much of that has to do with the maroon biting off pieces and spitting them all over the tank, but i think it will add to a more natural looking reef later on.

The chromis in QT is still alive, which I am very surprised about. I haven't been able to get it to eat, and it still has a fairly large wound, but hey, maybe it will make it!

Back